1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resizing an MPEG file - not for burning

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Sooty70, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Sooty70

Sooty70 Member

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've searched the forums here (and elsewhere) and either the question hasn't been asked or I am just using the wrong criteria i.a. "resize mpeg". I have an mpeg file that lasts just over 2mins and it's 100Mb in size. I would like to either resize it or do "something else" to reduce it's size so I can post it on the web and let my parents / friends see it. I want to play around with the file and experiment to get the trade-off between size and quality just right. I have downloaded many trial versions of software but haven't found one that does the job, or I haven't figured out how to use it properly. I have no interest in putting this file on DVD or SVCD, etc.

Thanks in advance, Max

2. Sooty70

Sooty70 Member

I used a different search and it seems that Windows Media Encoder is one method so I am trying that. The end results is a wmv file but I only care that it's small. :)

3. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

If you have Tmpgenc you could use the KVCD templetes. They really cut down the size of your video. About 2hrs to 300 to 400mb.

4. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

5. Sooty70

Sooty70 Member

Thanks folks, I'll try those out. I tried Windows Media Encoder and it ran for a loooog time and produced a 6Kb file with nothing in it. I tried it twice with the same results.