1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resizing movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RMF, Oct 20, 2002.

1. RMF

RMF Regular member

I've tried ripping a couple of movies onto my hdd in order to copy onto a DVD-R. I've tried with a couple of movies now and haven't yet found one that will fit onto a DVD-R when it has been completely stripped down to just the main movie and the 5.1 audio. Would it be possible for me to select the 2 channel audio to make it smaller still or would it make no difference?

If all else fails i suppose i'll have to look into resizing the movies by re-encoding them but i have no clue of how i can do this. Could someone please tell me what software i need to do it, and also a straight forward explanaition? I've tried reading past post's but haven't really been able to find anything usefull. Thanks in advance.

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

You can strip out the excess audio leaving only one. However if you are close to 4.3 then I would suggest downloading Rempeg2 and using it to reencode. Its pretty straight forward and comes with a small help file. Start there and post if you need more help.