1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring C: Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Frogman7, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Similiar to an earlier post of mine in which nobody responded, I want to know if there is a way I can easy format my xbox C: drive to its factory state. I would also like to know how to format my E: drive, can I just FTP it and delete all the folders in it?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Slayers Evox Auto-Installer v2.6 will restore your xbox to the factory state. Burn to Memorex CD-RW using Nero 6 at a speed no faster than 4x.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  3. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Thanx for the reply, although I have a slight problem with that response. You see the reason im doing this is because my Samsung DVD drive isn't working, in the sense that it wont boot any of my games. I need an alternative, a method via FTP is my best bet.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's suggested you use Slayer's to format your Xbox so you won't mess it up. You seriously don't want to **** up your C:

5. Frogman7

Frogman7 Guest

Is there any way I can put the slayer iso on my xbox and run it using DVD2Xbox to use it, because again my CD drive isn't working.

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

If you can FTP to your xbox, you can unzip the Slayer's Auto Installer on you PC, edit the evox.ini replace all the reference of D: in the evox.ini to the folder where you want to FTP the entire content of the directory (say: f:\app\Slayer). And FTP the entire directory to f:\app\Slayer of your xbox, move the evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe to the C:\ folder and rename the evoxdash.xbe to whatever default dash your are booting. This will give you Slayer's autoinstaller boot up from hdd.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Bravo! Kudos to sjchu.