1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retrieving xbox hdd key

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by showan, Apr 25, 2005.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey all.

I downloaded the Ninja Gaiden Hurricane pack from a site because with my xbox I can no longer go onto LIVE and get it myself even though I own the game (stupid!)

ANyways, I downloaded and installed this pack and tried to load a game but it gives me a message saying "damaged save". I tried reading up on this subject and found a thread explaining how to get this stuff to work. In order to get the Hurricane pack to work I need to find out what my xbox hdd key is. Now this genius who posted the thread didn't give any detailed instructions on getting this key. All he did was mention places that he vaguely remembered where to find the info. So I've been trying to find that out ever since.

Can anyone tell me an easy way on how to get the hdd key for my xbox?

2. happyhour

happyhour Member

It's located in the c or e drive in the backup folder on the xbox. You will have to ftp into the xbox and locate it that way. I also sent you a pm.

3. showan

showan Regular member

Ok man honest to god I have searched every single folder manually in my xbox and there is no folder called "backup" on this xbox. How do I back this up???? I have no option in my dash menus to backup anything on my xbox. This is driving me insane!!!

4. happyhour

happyhour Member

To backup the eeprom you'll need to use the Evolution X dashboard. The eeprom is stored at C:Backup (this can't be changed).Use the "create C backup option to backup your C drive. In the backup folder is a log file named hddinfo.txt.

5. showan

showan Regular member

Ok I am still confused as to what you're talking about. My dashboard is Evox version +3921. You are telling me that I have to use my dashboard to back up my eeprom. I am saying that I do not have an option to backup my eeprom. In my Evox menus there is no backup option. When I ftp to my xbox there is no c:\backup folder. I don't see any of this stuff that you're talking about. How are you backing up your eeprom?