1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

return xbox to factory state

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by grunt58, Apr 22, 2009.

1. grunt58

grunt58 Member

I soft modded my box a few years ago and put a larger hdd in it I have since taken that larger hdd and put it in my pc for a media drive. I still have the orignial 8gb hdd which I formated to use in my pc while my xbox was modded. I must have deleted my back up on my pc at some point so I have no c or e drive back up or any back ups.

Now to my question:

How can I get a copy of factory c and e drive? I have the eeprom # in a .cfg file and a system_eeprom.bin file which I belive I managed to save from XBMC. Can I use those files to restore my xbox hdd?

I just want to be able to play Halo from the dvd drive. As of now my box turns on and shows the xbox logo then says your xbox needs service.

Thanks

2. trx250r

trx250r Member

Could you take a chipped xbox and set the hdd back to the factory state?

I have heard if you have a chipped xbox you can take a large hdd and work the magic and softmod it for another xbox so you should be able to put it back to factory.

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

the original ms dash are in the download section, just use the hdm tutorial to rebuild your harddrive. you need your specific eeprom.bin file to lock the drive again so i hope you saved the correct one. you can use lifeinfo tool to check if you have the right one. just load the eeprom with the lifeinfo tool and check if it shows an hdd key and if the serial number of the xbox shown in the tool is the same as the one on the bottom of your xbox.

off course you can also do the same with softmodded c and e files, then it is softmodded directly.

as long as you have the right eeprom.bin your good to go