1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

returning boxes to suppliers

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by shaneh, Aug 18, 2009.

1. shaneh

shaneh Regular member

that link you put in is for retail not buying through the web, there completely different

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

ah well we cant be right all the time can we lol

3. shaneh

shaneh Regular member

true true!

4. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

sent one back today meself, you loose the shipping cost they payed and your cost back over but better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  5. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

if you went through paypal put in a dispute claim (i think its called) and that will freeze his assets and see how quick you get your money back.

6. e45

e45 Regular member

And what would you be in dispute with, the box works as its sold FTA unit, its not a clone, its not faulty, it does as described on the box give you free to air channels, you received it, so what would you say to pay pal, sorry i cant get the premium channels because NTL changed there encryption, ??? That wont work.

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

On the grounds he is not accepting the return within 7 days, Paypal WILL reinforce the consumer in this case e45.

8. flanzer

flanzer Member

Right, as I thought this has gathered legs! The courier company I used to send the box back have said that the address used on the website and the address on the invoice is infact a derilict building - not a sinner in sight!

I've raised a dispute now with paypal while e-mailing these clowns to look for their real address!

Can I name and shame the muppet shop in question on this website so as to make people aware of them? I seen on a few other forums, even this forum, that people have previously found them good to deal with!

9. shaneh

shaneh Regular member

name and shame mate

10. wilywonty

wilywonty Member

hey this is my first post but thought i should share my experience.i ordered boxes last saturday on for the damn thing to fall apart on monday. i've already been told its all my fault btw. anyway i wasnt sure wat to do but when i read the terms and conditions on the sellers website i decided i just send straight back unopened and pay the 20$ restocking charge. anyway still no sign of the box today so rang seller who was very apologetic about the delay in shipping but they wouldnt be send til next friday. when i asked to cancel order was told it was no problem just had to pay a 15 euro fee. all in all very relived and if they ever come up wit a fix i know where i'll be getting mine. p.s dont want to name seller in case i'm accused of advertising i've seen how sensitive some people are lol

11. flanzer

flanzer Member

Sorry just realised I can't just yet. The courier company made a slight cock-up on the delivery but will be delivered on Monday now. I contacted the seller but he is adament that PalPal will award in his favour, even after I sent him documentation on the Distant Selling Act 2000 and purchasing items over the internet.

I'm more confident though

12. flanzer

flanzer Member

An update:
    Mr. Seller has begun to back down. He said he'd refund £99.95 (total inc shipping of 10) less £25 but I know myself that shipping was more, actually £16.80. The extra bit was probably the re-stocking fee that's NOT mentioned anywhere in his Terms and Conditions. Looks like I'll be a happy camper!

13. karljd

karljd Regular member

come on now hooter 07 lol,it's not bloody c.a.b their dealing with.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  14. shaneh

shaneh Regular member

good to see your getting somewhere, the idea of a re-stocking fee is if something is opened so they can sell it on at a discount, so if its unopened there shouldnt be a restocking charge, thats from my experience of working in retail

15. flanzer

flanzer Member

Thanks mate. Good to know

16. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

ok my bad, but it still got him somewhere or something back,
    and just so im right next time does it freeze your your credit card you have linked up to your paypal account or is it just the paypal account that gets frozen?

17. karljd

karljd Regular member

Afaik (just going by my experience,s on fleabay)you open up a dispute,paypal look at both sides and then make ajudgment in favour of either party,i suppose if you don't adhere to their judgement then they may take further action.

18. Kstand

Kstand Guest

Im back and im black. And i brought back a nice bottle of perfume for e45 from the duty free. Has anyone received a refund from a certain reccomended supplier?

19. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

(ive a crack on my screen)what was that you said im back had received something in me black and you now need a bottle of e45,lol
    only joking mate, hope you had a good holiday cos everything is still the same here except the odd rumor or 2, here is an example click here. now catch you all tomorrow im of to bed ;)

20. flanzer

flanzer Member

Right lads. Got my refund today. Not the full amount. I was charged for supplier postage and packaging which was a fiver. So for the inital outlay of €119, I got back €86. Not bad.

Thanks to a few of you on this forum. I didn't know about the 7 day grace period for returning goods bought on the net. I would have accepted my loss if I hadn't of known. Overall, I'm only down €33.

Virtual pints for everyone!