1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REVISED AutoGK Help: Audio file not present in final AVI file.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kodak99, Apr 7, 2007.

1. kodak99

kodak99 Member

I am having trouble with AutoGK converting a VOB. great picture, no sound.
    1) YES I have the AC3 Filter (tried an old version and a recent version)
    2) YES I have tried FFDSHOW
    3) I have tried all the sound options in advanced settings
    4) Divx Pro Converter works fine with sound so why not AutoGK
    5) the temp directory where the encoding takes place has the functional soundtrack for the file. I can open the mp3 and the sound is there but the finished AVI never has sound.

Driving me nuts. I use a ton of other programs, they all seem to work, just not this one. Please don't suggest I use alternative programs, my goal is to get autoGK to work.

I appreciate any assistance you smart people can lend me.
    autoGK version 2.40.

2. kodak99

kodak99 Member

I should have mentioned also, that converting in virtualdubmod also works correctly and there is sound. Just not autoGK.

3. kodak99

kodak99 Member

Ok I have narrowed the problem down, the AVI does not contain the sound, it is not an issue of decoding the sound on the player, the finished file does not contain the audio, verified with GSPOT

The audio is being created, and remains in the temp folder and is playable but somehow AutoGK is not merging it into the AVI at any stage of the decode process.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It seems VirtualDubMod doesn't work. That is, AutoGK uses VirtualDubMod to create a DivX/XviD video which is muxed with the sound (AC3 or MP3) as long as it encodes.
    Strange. Are you sure you installed the whole AutoGK package?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Maybe try running VDubMod and click ok on any popups. This creates some registry keys so that you don't see them again. If another app is trying to do something with VDubMod and the registry entries aren't there, then it wouldn't complete its job.

If AutoGK does use VDubMod for muxing, then its installer probably adds the registry keys. Still seams a logical place to start.