1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewriting data to CD problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ginlyn7, Sep 6, 2004.

1. ginlyn7

ginlyn7 Guest

Hello, I cannot rewrite to any of my discs without the following error, SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error or it tells me it can write to disc but must format first and then I lose what is already on disc. Is this a Nero software problem, computer problem? I have Windows 98. I have not problems burning data the first time, it is just when I try to re-write. I am using Memorex CD-RW (700MB)4x multi speed discs. Any help, suggestions, just anything? I am not computer or computer software savvy.

Thank you.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Do you have InCd installed -- it is a program that is separate from Nero and runs in the background to make it possible for you to write , erase, and copy/paste to your Cd-RW.

Once you have this program installed -- you will be able to put a CD-RW in your burner and right click on your Drive in ""My Computer" so you can format that CD-RW .

InCd is available on Nero website.

3. ginlyn7

ginlyn7 Guest

Thank you so much for your response. We have tried the InCD but it only locks up my computer. What next?

Thank you again.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

What other burning software do you have installed !! Roxio ??

Nero software does not work well with Adaptec or Roxio software on at the same time.!

You should start fresh !! Remove whatever software you use for burning -- then go to Nero web site and download the FREE TRIAL version of Nero 6 -- including InCd so you can format and use those CD-RW as you need.

Here's the URL for the Nero download of the Trial :-

http://www.nero.com/us/index.html

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2004
  5. ginlyn7

ginlyn7 Guest

Nero Express 6 and InCD only burning software as I just had the Sony CD-RW drive installed and this was the software that came with it.

Should I still start over and download from website?

Thanks.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

It's worth doing it ! Software that comes with your drive is OEM and always lack some of the good things you can get from Nero ~~ smiles
    Once you have that software installed ~~ Click Nero Tools -- select INFO Tool and on the DRIVE tab check that your burner is showing as installed . Then click the ASPI tab and verify that the SYSTEM Aspi is showing ""Green"" installed properly.

On the Configuration TAB -- DMA should show ""ON"" and the AUTORUN also.

Edited for typo !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2004