1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RiData dvd+r not detected?!!??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kyle2k4, Aug 14, 2004.

1. kyle2k4

kyle2k4 Guest

my toshiba burner on my notebook has worked flawlessly for months. i thought i would start using RiData to avoid any coasters, as there had been a few. well dvd decrypter says "Disc Not Ready" when i try to burn an ISO created from shrink!!! why is this?? not compatible?

2. kyle2k4

kyle2k4 Guest

really need some help on this.....bad media is still usually detected, right? but decrypter telling me that its not an empty disc sounds like something is wrong.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

So is this problem only with the RiDATAs?

I'd suggest updating the firmware for your Toshiba's burner since newer firmwares help media compatibility :)

What make/model burner is it?

4. kyle2k4

kyle2k4 Guest

DVD decrypter says it is a: TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-R6252 1A11

does anyone know if there is a firmware update? i will search for one in the meantime. thx Nephilim!

5. Nephilim

Anytime chief :)

It's best to look for official firmware from the maker's website so the first place I would look is Toshiba's website where you can enter in your specific model laptop and see if there are any updates for the drive. Be forewarned though, Toshiba's website isn't exactly the most informative.

My favorite firmware site doesn't even list a downloadable firmware for your drive but they list 1A11 as the only known firmware.

There's a handy little utility called DVD Identifier that's used to identify media and it will also list the firmware version of your drive in the drop down listing so you can have a cool new app and we can check your firmware version at the same time :)

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

6. cchameyr

cchameyr Member

Hi,
    I have a firmware update (1a99) for this DVD drive but now i have some problem: burn is not working on Verbatim DVD x4.
    I search the previous version 1A11 for this drive.
    Could you help me????
    Regards

7. Nephilim

8. cchameyr

cchameyr Member

Hi Nephilim

Thanks

I know this site but i don't see the firmware 1A11 for my DVD SD-R6252.

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi kyle2k4, From what I read at Videohelp.com, your burner will only work with 2.4x +R media. It seems that everyone trying a higher speed media like 4x the drive can't see it. I don't know if the firmware will help that problem or not. Check this site to read more.
    http://www.videohelp.com.

Jerry

10. Nephilim

Thanks Jerry :)