1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rings Protection on The Longest Journey Cannot play back CD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rmtrmt, Apr 24, 2004.

1. rmtrmt

rmtrmt Member

I made a backup of the games I play the most recently because many of my CDs were getting dirty and did not work anymore, so I wanted to protect the originals.

One of these games is The Longest Journey with Rings on the CD as a protection. I copied that first CD with the Rings using Alcohol 120%. I am not certain how I did it but I must have used the correct options in order to make a backup of a CD with that kind of protection as I was thorough.

Now unfortunately the original and first CD is no longer working (it is dirty and scratched everywhere) and I cannot copy it anymore (thank god I made a backup before!). The only problem is I cannot play back the backup. Neither of my drives will recognize the CD when I insert it.

What software can I use to make this CD readable? I am sure the backup was succesful so is there a way to be able to play the game now? Emulation perhaps, or another software that could make it work? (It is a PC-CD game)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If your drives won't even recognize the CD, I don't believe there is much you can do.

3. rmtrmt

rmtrmt Member

That is what I thought. I was still hoping that somehow another application might make that CD recognizable, but there isn't. I have bought a new copy already on ebay, it is so cheap now anyway.

RM