1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringtone mailing

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by brush, Nov 10, 2004.

1. brush

brush Member

This may have been asked before, but, (I have not purchased a cable or dongle yet, still trying to determine which rout I want to go) I have a few ringtones that I have created with Audacity, myself and some friends would like copies. Can I e-mail them from my pc to the phone?

2. brush

brush Member

still looking forsome kind of input...anybody?.....anyone know?

3. dperez78

dperez78 Guest

why dont you try it and to see if it works. theres nothing to loose.

4. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

i have found that they need to be more than 16000hz sampling rate to get them to play, better quality is higher can be mono or stereo & at any bitrate (i am using mp3-wav converter from bulletsoft) but when it comes to sending bluetooth or cable handles them fine, but MMS or email may have probs with the file size, esp. mms which usually has a limit on picture/sound/message file size depending on operator, i experimented with by downsizing to no lower than 16000hz sampling rate, into mono, downsizing the bitrate... it sounds like its being played through a sock so i prefer transferring high quality mp3 via bluetooth/usb transfer, they're big but i only need a few of me best sounds

im not sure on email sizing i think thats operator related gprs - tho' you can send short files (message tones?) on mms... think i'll try the email...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004