1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rip dvd soundtrack

Discussion in 'Audio' started by quik_joe, Feb 27, 2005.

1. quik_joe

quik_joe Member

noob here, i'm trying to rip the soundtrack off of a dvd, i don't want the entire audio just the songs, is this possible, i used smartripper to get vob files, then DVD2AVI but ended up getting the entire audio of the dvd, tried to open that up in audacity but it stops responding, is there an easy way to do this, any help would be appreciated.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I'll give you the quik way, Joe :)
    Use DVD Decrypter in IFO mode.
    Enable stream processing, I.D. the specific audio stream you desire, demux to separate file.
    I'd recommend LPCM audio, if it's available, as being superior to AC3 (for 2-channel content of course, or if your final intended format is stereo).
    To get the individual songs, matching the chapters on the DVD, run Decrypter for each song after selecting the individual chapters one at a time.
    Note that this will give you a WAV file, all ready to burn to CD, except possibly (probably) @ 48KHz sampling rate - this must be downsampled to 44.1KHz to burn a compliant audio CD.
    AC3 audio is compressed. I use BeSweet (Azid) on the AC3 file, which will do a 2-pass decompression on it and create a WAV file normalized to 0dB.
    Hope this helps,
    Regards

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  3. quik_joe

quik_joe Member

i tried this, but still getting the entire audio. i just want the songs, are there any program to distinguish between audio and songs, i mean i dont want to hear the movie just the music.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Nope, by the soundtrack...lol

5. JoeShoes

JoeShoes Member

Unfortunately many soundtrack recordings don't have all the songs that are in the movie. Try this: Once in .wav file form use a wave editor to edit out anything you don't want.Many free .wav editors are available. Good Luck.

6. dusk77

dusk77 Regular member

I think DVD-Audio Ripper might do the trick, let me know if it works for you.