1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip DVDA to WMA play on DTS system keep 5.1

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by kiowa50161, Aug 30, 2017.

1. kiowa50161

kiowa50161 Member

This is going to sound ridiculous but...
    My 5.1 audio collection is mostly DVD-A. I have a hardware that can play DTS. It can also play dts as a digital file; wma. Here's where it sounds ridiculous:
    If I rip a dvda to wma will the 5.1 channel stay and play over a dts hardware device?
    I don't know if the codec will keep it.
    I am going to do a listening test of the dvda/wma >dts, but want to know for sure.
    Hoping the forum can shed some light on this work around.

2. kiowa50161

kiowa50161 Member

3. kiowa50161

kiowa50161 Member

I found an article that says my player can play dts and also dvd-a. if it's not true i'll come back and post.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Spammer be gone. Poof!

5. kiowa50161

kiowa50161 Member

Oh great here come the sarcastic. This is a legit hi-res audio question. I'm answering it as I find things out for anyone else who comes across it. We don't need negative trolls on the board.

I found Aimersoft converter, but when it goes from a dvda disc to wma it doesn't keep 5.1, it goes to stereo.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You should've edited the original post in this thread when no replies have been made.That's why it appears as spam by having multiple repeat posts.You also have other threads of the same then made this topic ,which again comes across as spam as you now have 3 topics about the same thing.

Seems wma can hold multi-channel.Damned if i know what program can do whats required however can the player use AC3 instead.Try super first to convert to multi wma
    programs to try.
    Hang on ! why do you need to convert when the car player can play dts,why not just rip the dts to a dts file.
    total audio coder (portable version can be got from portableapps.com & should be free)

audiocoder (is free) http://filehippo.com/download_audiocoder/

Super (is free) http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_video/super.cfm

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

agreed on editing posts.

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

ScorpNZ is correct. You should have edited your original post. I saw your post as spam and reported it. You had it in 3 different places.