1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip in File or ISO Mode?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by TomBrookl, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

When using Dec*ter to rip a disk for RB to encode, is one supposed to rip it in File or ISO mode?

2. l8nights

l8nights Guest

I rip to file as this gives you the exact copy of the movie and you can let rebuilder do the work from there rebulder pro will allow you to create the iso incase you wish to burn w/ decrypter.

3. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

Hi,
    I do wish to burn w/ DeCrypter so that's the way I'll go for now. Do I have to do some special mounting proceedure with Daemon tools or something?

I used RB for the first time last night and it worked. I'm not sure which Mode I ripped the disk with though (using Decrypter.) I think it was ISO though.

Is a file copy better in some way than an ISO copy?

4. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

rebuilder can output to iso - you could even select *automatically burn with decrypter* havng finished with rebuilder in the iso.options

when it comes to ripping, however, i always use FILE mode

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Personally I don't see much of a difference doing ISO or File mode, other than ISO gives you a nice simple file and File gives you a bunch of files. I always use File mode though, that's just my habit.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ripping to ISO mode can be a problem if for instance you run across an error on the disc that prevents a particular section of the DVD from being analyzed. If only a particular VOB is causing a problem as it might in some physical protections, then you can rip the entire movie minus that VOB and then go back to it and attempt to rip just that VOB using strategies such as slowing the rip speeds to 2X. I've done this numerous times but I can't see how you'd do it in ISO mode.

Outputting a compressed DVD into file or ISO mode makes no difference:)

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

to Tombrookl.
    i don't think your question has been answer yet. i blieve that what you want to do is, rip with decrypter, Rebuilder to compress and decrypter to burn. well you have to use decrypter in file mode for i believe it is the only mode that rebuilder handles, then set RB to compress in ISO mode to be able to burn with decrypter.
    So again, Decrypter to hard drive in File mode, RB to compress(set it to ISo mode) and decrypter to burn(decrypter only burn ISO mode files)