1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip speed at 2.x in DVD Decrypter, despite firmware flash. halp!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by RNPVenom, Dec 17, 2003.

1. RNPVenom

RNPVenom Member

Hi guys,

I went and flashed my Pioneer A05 with this rpc firmware 1.33 version:
    http://gradius.rpc1.org/

Which "removes" the 2x rip lock that the stock drive has. It did indeed work, I can load up dvd shrink and rip away from 6-10x and it is lovely, the problem is in DVD decrypter, the speed is still limited to 1.8x-2.4x and never really goes above that.

Anyone have this problem? Or is there another de-facto firmware flash I should be using to allow my nice shiny burner to rip at speeds equal with a crappy 50 dolla LG DVD reader? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I have same problem cannot get DVD Decrypter to rip faster than 2.1x on my Pioneer 106D.

3. kenatr

kenatr Member

Yes, I have flash with 1.33, got similar issue.
    I change the DVD to master instead of being slave, then everything work good. Able to rip up to 6x or 8x. and burn at 4x with 4x Media and 2x with 1x DVD-R.
    You can also try have your DVD set to master by itself with have other drive connect with it.

Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  4. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

I have the 106 with the 1.07 firmware upgrade, i don't think it's the same as this 1.33 is it? Is it only for the 105's?

Using dvd shrink it will only rip at 3.5mb/s, using my "crappy" LG dvd rom/cdrw it rips at 8-9mb/sec!!

I thought the read time for the a06d/106d was supposed to be over 8MB/sec??

Bailey