1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

riping an early DVD - how to extract the sound?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aldaco12, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Hi. I am ripping a DVD with Smartripper, DVD2AVI, TMPGenc, but I have a special problem with an early DVD (The Name of the Rose). If I rip this DVD, but the english audio cannot be demuxed II knew that this might happen, because DVD2AVI cannot extract old DVDs sound, where the DD track is not present). Smartripper finds 3 channels (english audio 6ch, english audio 2ch, english audio + director comments). I I rip the 2nd channel I get all VOBs zero size. I I rip 1st or 3rd channel I hear the sound if I double click on the VOBs, but DVD2AVI cannot extract any AC3 or MPA or WAV or whatever, if I select any audio track (from track 1 to track 8) or any output method [decode to WAV(AC3, LPCM), demux (AC3, MPA,DTS), demux all traces (AC3, MPA, DTS)].
    Please note that this happens only on english languages: on italia, french, spanish 'demux all traces' works (maybe they are DD sound).
    What can I do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.