1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riping time too long??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zocker, Jan 22, 2004.

1. zocker

zocker Member

hi...i used dvd shrink for the first time,and burned with clone dvd....movie workes great...but.....why did the rip take 2 hours on a movie thats only 90 min ...somewere i seen (dunno exatl. were) that the speed was 0,6...whats up with that...no compression was used(100%)file size was 4,463....the burn took about 80 min using a fuji dvd-r ......speed was set to 8X in clone dvd.......i dont have a usb2.0 port ...will get one soon....does that have anything to do with it???? player is external....oh and i also watched my cpu performance...it ideled between 20 and 40 %...i didnt use any other applications.....need some help here...it just takes to long for me...thnks for any input

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Heres the difference!
    Possible max data rates:
    USB 2.0: 480 Mbps (60,000 KB/s)
    USB 1.1: 12 Mbps (1,500 KB/s)

I'd say you need to get a USB 2.0. When I rip with my internal burner I get a transfer rate of 2,800 KB/s. I don't use my burner to rip with because this rate makes for about a 45 min rip. I use my DVD ROM and get double the transfer rate and 20 minute rip times.
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004