1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

You can kiss Ripit4me goodbye. Try and find it on any Website even their own. Its finished.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Yup,
    can't find it, not even on Filehippo, some sick April fool's joke by the movie industry I guess.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

*removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I have it, but that probably means no more updates, boo hoo. Now I'm almost fully reliant on the sheepie and DVDFAB.

5. WATCH2000

WATCH2000 Member

RipIt4Me by default "Calls home" to see if a new version is available. Since ripit4me.org has been taken down, you should assume that every time you launch ripit4me on your pc, it is logged with IP address by the evil empire.

MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE "Check for update"
    The same goes for DVDDecrypter BTW.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Good Point Watch2000. Just remember to shut down your internet before you start up the program.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

well it was good while it lasted anyway

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I wonder who's next?

9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

aabbccdd, I have read the article about anydvd and clone from cdfreaks, I have learned more from reading his atricle about anydvd and clone than slysofts own how to section which was a little complicated for me, this guy broke it down to a tee. thanks.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah the maddog guide is the best one

11. 2colors

2colors Guest

12. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Thanks WATCH2000

*removed*

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

*unbelievable*

What a great program!! I've used it for almost a year now and have been extremely happy and impressed with the little progie. It will be missed.

@WATCH2000,
    Thanks for the heads up. I already had Decrypter checked for no updates and so is RI4M now. :)

@ALL,
    Even though this progie will last a while what is the next best thing IYO?? I have AnyDVD and DVDClone2 which are good btw, just liked the convenience and ability of RI4M. :)

...gm

*wiping tear away for RI4M*

14. soup1

soup1 Member

Well I have always kind of believed in "if it ain't broke don't fix it", so until something lets me down, I normally stick with it & so far (touch wood) it hasn't let me down, so I guess I will stick with it until it does & then worry about what I should use next.

15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I totally agree with soup1 on that point.. If something works then there isn't any real reason to upgrade or use something different.

*text removed*

16. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

Hello, can some one help me out? I've been following this thread and downloaded ripit4me,dvdshrink,dvddecryptor and fixvts. I was following an earlier thread to set it up(jul 2006), but I ran into a snag. When I went to RIpit4me/settings/preferences it did not give me an option for fixvts. In the guide screen shot in this thread, it shows where you can select the path to this program. Now I did see where My version of Ripit4me found dvddecryptor and dvdshrink. Am I doing something wrong? Much thanks in advance since I have never used this method before and I dont want to crash something! I've been using dvdxcopy, but the sony gods are hard at work! Once again thanks to anyone that can help me resolve this, oir has any suggestions to point me to success.

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There is no set path for FixVTS.It's integrated into the program.

18. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

thank you, so does that mean that I didnt have to install Fixvts at all?
    I noticed that the version of ripit4me that was used in the guide was 1.0.0 and the version I have now is 1.7.0. Also, I just tried to backup one of my movies just to try it out and it seems like the 1 click didnt work but the wizard did. It went through all of the procedures, but when it got to the final step with DVD shrink, it did not automatically start burning. Is there a default I have to set? thanks again for the assist.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dvd shrink doesn't burn your target in dvd shrink should be set to nero or dvd decrypter to burn after dvd shirk transcodes

20. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

There may be times when you'll need FixVTS.
    Everytime I work with PgcEdit or other applications, I run the files through FixVTS. Don't get rid of it.