1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. gogochar

gogochar Guest

One more question, does VobBlanker and FixVTS the same? If not, what's the difference?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

FixVTS will get rid of any blank, or unreferenced cells and your file will be cleaned. VobBlanker will edit your file along with cleaning, FixVTS is not an editing tool, just a cleaner. I have used VB to edit old 321 Xcopy backups to get rid of the nag screen.

3. gogochar

gogochar Guest

So, VobBlanker is better?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you want to edit out cells like warnings/menus yes. If all you are looking for a clean rip and want to use other sw then FixVTS works fine. FixVTS is incorporated into AnyDVD for their ripper to clean out suspect cells. I use DVDRB and CCE for movies, sometimes using VB does not agree with that program, whereas FixVTS does not give it a problem in opening the file. It is all in what the user prefers.

5. gogochar

gogochar Guest

That's cool to know (about the AnyDVD incorporating FixVTS into its ripper part)! Thanks, and I'll stop bothering you.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Lol, no bother at all :)

7. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

i've used RipIt4Me for three different dvds. love it. used both the wizard and one click modes (since one click automatically does all available processes, it seems wizard exists only to use the option to skip some process/step if desired...). i followed the guide exactly (as per the RipIt4Me website), including saving logs so that they are removed from the destination folder. the problem: when shrink opens nero to burn, nero gives me an error message ("file reallocation failed"). it also reports (please excuse my memory-lapse paraphrase here, this happened yesterday LOL) "missing file VOB_02_01", and the listed missing file seemed to be different even on different attempted runs of the same dvd. hmmm? then get the message that "dvd may not be playable, do you want to continue?" first few times i chose "no", and canceled. whereupon i used the existing output files from shrink to burn without a problem using clonedvd2. no error messages of any kind. last night i went ahead and burned using nero despite the "file missing" and "may not play correctly" warnings, and it seems to look and play fine and be fully functional. i wonder if anyone else has encountered this and what i might need to do (some nero setting?) to avoid the error message. otherwise i guess i will just burn them despite the error message. Thanks to the creators of RipIt4Me. sure makes things easy using the free software mode!

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I too have gotten that error message with Nero, when trying to manually burn an output file that has used FixVTS, i.e. one that was ripped using the AnyDVD ripper. I just burn anyway and as you have found the movie plays just fine. Since Clone is made to work well with AnyDVD and this program now incorporates FixVTS it stands to reason Clone will work.

9. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

That's just Nero. Just create your ISO image file in Shrink and burn with ImgBurn. You'll be fine.

10. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

Gentlemen, I am running into a problem at Step #4, using the RipIt4Me software. I am trying to back up 'Pink Panther'. Everything works like a charm upto Step 04. At which time, I am looking for the file, 'FixVTS.exe'. Unfortunately, that file does not exist in the folder. Where am I goofing up?????

Thanks for all your help.

Shaki

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Did you dl FixVTS, if so you must extract it to a folder and then browse to the folder and make sure it points to the FixVTS.exe.

[​IMG]

I directed RipIt4Me to C:/Temporary/FixVTS and it went right through then.

12. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You should install it according to the guide if you want everything to work properly.

13. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

I guess I must've missed a step somewhere. I shall read the guide once again but just in case can someone please indicate how to install this file. I am sorry but I am quite confused.

Shaki

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Download the FixVTS from the link on the bottom of the Guide, it is a zip file, double click and extract it to a folder of your choice. Then after that open RipIt4Me, choose Settings then Preferences and browse to the folder you extracted to set the path.

[​IMG]

15. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Where cannot I download this ripit4me.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

18. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Thank You Guys

19. SHAKI

SHAKI Member

Gentlemen, my apologies for my ignorance. It is working beautifully now. I missed the section regarding the FixVTS completely. As soon as I downloaded the FixVTS, everything worked well. Thank you for your patience and your assistance. You guys are a very helpful group of people. Thanks.

Shaki

20. graham125

graham125 Member

HI. there this is my first time on a forum,so please b patient,i have been using pgc edit for a long time now as its very good with the sony arcoss codes,but yesterday i got fun with dick and jane,and it was a no go, so i thought i would look for another programe,i came across ripit4me, which i no can handle the newer codes,im having problems and there doing my head in,i have tried it in both modes 1 click and the wizard i rip the dvd with the psl list and it rips ok,i save it to a chosen folder,but when i get on to the optional clean up 3b and it says do it, i press do it,and thats when i loose nearly all of my files, i look in the folder and all there is is a couple of files and a psl list file,if i then try 2 proceed any further with vts it comes up with,exiting could not open input file,exiting, im baffled basically once i have finished the rip and go on 2 3b where it tells u 2 press do it thats wen i loose nearly every file, i hope some 1 out there can help many thanks