1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Whick version of FixVTS should I download and what is Beta?

Version 1.4

Version Beta 1.25

Version Beta 1.24

Version Beta 1.17

Version Beta 1.0

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

That beta is old. Download the latest version.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

For anyone who is using the RipIt4Me program make sure you dl the latest version of FixVTS it is 1.4, it just came out today. Just unzip the file and extract it to the folder that has your FixVTS program in it. It will overwrite the old version, or just delete the old version and extract the new.

http://www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS/

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Pete i belive you should have that guide put up as a sticky!!!

OK MODS!!!!

5. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

The link from laddyboy to DVD Decrypter brings me to the page to purchase AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Am I suppose to buy these products? I thought these were links to Free software.
    Also, I did download FixVTS, I think. As far as I know it went into my temporary files. Now do I have to do anything else with that like move it, install it or anything? Is it installed now?
    Sorry I seem to be so helpless but I know nothing about all of this.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Linda

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@myrealtr

If you go back to my very first post you will see the links to the software. AnyDVD and CloneDVD do have a trial period of 21 days after that they become pay. All of the programs used to do the movies in this thread are free.

You need:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    RipIt4Me
    FixVTS

Install DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and make a folder in My Computer and extract RipIt4Me and FixVTS. Open RipIt4Me go to the settings set your path for FixVTS, which is C:/the folder you created/FixVTS. All is done, then insert your movie and hit 1click mode. RipIt4Me will create and import the PSL file, DVD Decrypter will open, hit the decrypter button which is the one showing the CD and Drive in the program. Decrypter will do its thing, do not worry if your drive slows down to 0.0 for the protected movies, this is because of the insertion of the dummy sectors. You only have to worry if you start getting retries on the drive, then you know the disk may be damaged. After Decrypter is done Shrink will open and analize your movie. You can either choose to backup the whole movie or use the reauthor mode and do movie only. You hit the reauthor button and find the title of the movie, which is the longest and drag it over to your compilation screen, under the compression tab you can choose to remove any audio streams and subtitles you wish by unchecking the box. I recommend you remove 2 channel audio as this is the Directors Comments in many movies and players will default to it, keep the 5.1 audio. Hit backup choose your output to ISO burn with Decrypter and then hit okay.

Here is a guide for DVD Shrink and how to use it.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=63fd9ea0d669cdf5c708c5e15a9d34d1&threadid=49051

@aabbccdd

Thanks much buddy for you compliment, I really appreciate the support :)

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

@myrealtr

The links to the software are all in my signature. For some reason the Afterdawn server is providing a link to Slysoft with the keyword DVD Decrypter. The underlined linked are provided by the Afterdawn server based on keywords and not by the posters.

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both have installers that install the programs. FixVTS is in a zip archive. Double click it to open. If it doesn't open, download WinRAR or ZipReader or any other unzipper to open the archive and then drag FixVTS to your desktop or Program Files folder or anywhere you want to store it. You may have to point ripit4me to the program so remember where it is.

WinRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    ZipReader: http://www.pkware.com/home_and_small_office/downloads/windows/reader/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  8. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I think I have it all downloaded and (installed?). I now have 3 new Icons on my desktop. One is the folder I made that is named DVD Software. That has the FixVTS in it, another is DVD Shrink and the 3rd is Dvd Decrypter which also is where the RipIt4Me is. Is this correct?
    Now all I do is put the movie in that I want to copy which is my E drive? I do have Nero but I'm not sure which version I have. It came with my external DVD burner.
    I feel so inadequate when it come to doing this kind of stuff.
    I do appreciate all of this help. You guys are wonderful.
    Linda

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You should have an icon for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. If you have a folder that says my Software then you can put the RipIt4Me folder in that.

Step A...Open RipIt4Me program check your settings tab and make sure that the path for FixVTS is correct it should read C:/my software/FixVTS

Step B.......insert your DVD it should say drive e.g. E:/

Step C.......Use the 1Click tab, if all is correct RipIt4Me will create your PSL file, if needed and import it into DVD Decrypter and this will open.

Step D.......Hit the decrypt button it is the disk and drive

[​IMG]

DVD Decrypter will rip, and then after it is done FixVTS will open and clean your file, after this Shrink will open and you can decide how you want to author your DVD.

10. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I'm sorry, it is a folder that I have the FixVts in and not an icon. See I make stupid mistakes by using the wrong terms even. I did click on the folder on my desktop named my DVD software and it shows the FixVts configuration settings icon in it. It's 1 KB. Is there a way to find the actuall path? I'm suppose to move the RipIt4Me to that folder?

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

As long as you know where the RipIt4Me program is don't worry about it. It is just easier for you if you know where the programs are. You did extract both of them as they come in zipfile format and need to be extracted to work. They should look like this in your folder(s). You can see the zip and then the extracted program for FixVTS and also what the program icon for RipIt4Me looks like extracted. This is showing in my folder in My Computer

[​IMG]

12. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Nope! I guess they're not extracted or unzipped or whatever. I guess I did that wrong.

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Do you have WinZIP? If not go here

http://filehippo.com/download_winzip/?8

After you install double click on RipIt4Me and winzip will unzip the file, then you can just double click on the RipIt4Me then you can go to the extract button in winzip, and point it to your folder do the same for FixVTS. After it is done just double click on RipIt4Me extracted folder and it will install. FixVTS is fine, that is where you want it and where you will direct the path in RipIt4Me

14. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I now have those pictures in the folder on my desktop. I don't know if I've messed up files or not but for the RipIt4Me I had to drag and drop into that folder on my desktop. I don't know what mess I've made of my hard drive but I guess I'll try to use the programs and see what happens. This is why I always have to pay for everything. I can't seem to understand how to do all of this and I end up buying the software that's for sale so all I have to do is put the CD in the drive and it does it all. It gets so costly after a while. I do appreciate all of the help and I guess you would have the patience now to teach kindergarten because you certainly walked me through this with baby steps.
    I'm going to get a DVD to see if I can copy it now. I'll let you know. First I'm going to go back to read the posts again to see if there is anything else I'm suppose to do, if I can understand it. I do have ADD and Dyslexia so I hope that's the reason I find this so difficult.
    My Pinnacle Studio MovieBox software and hardware just arrived. I had bought that from someone on eBay. Now I'll be able to install that and copy my VHS tapes too, I hope.
    Thanks to you all ever so much. You've saved me some money, I think, which is greatly appreciated.
    Linda

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Give it a go, and good luck. If you have errors then come back and we will sort it out. It is easy once you have done it and get it setup. Yes you can go pay, but free is just as good. You are learning. Don't worry I doubt you have made too much mess on your HDD these are small proggys and winzip is a necessity anyway.

16. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

I DID IT! It even plays. LOL Now I have to go back and delete the files but it seems to have done what it was suppose to. It did take longer then I thought it would be I guess that's because it has a lot to do. It took about an hour and 50 something minutes to take the encrypted files out and then about the same amount of time to burn it to a blank DVD. Is that normal?
    I think that's enough learning for today. I guess I'll tackle this VHS copying progam another day.
    Thanks; I couldn't have done it without all of the help and then the guide too.
    Now I have to go and prepare dinner. At least I didn't waste another full day just trying to figure out how to download this stuff thanks to you guys. Have a great day/night wherever you are.
    Linda

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I am so glad you got it, but I think your time is a little long. Know this is a curve ball for you, but please check your drives to make sure they are in DMA mode. Here is a guide that will show you how, what to look for and how to change them if necessary. They should not be in PIO mode.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/checking DMA.pdf

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

back home after a long day at Kings Island, getting ready to do annapolis with this program gonna use the 1 click mode first kinda tired.

oh yea im at a loss for thought here but what do ya mean when something should be a [bold]STICKY[/bold]

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

A sticky is a permanent thread that just goes on, it does move down the list as other posts keep getting posted on top of it. If you look at the top of forums you will see their are threads in bold that are at the top, these are stickied. Alkohols and JaguarGods guides are stickied.

20. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

When I open my computer I get the choices of my drives. Am I suppose to click on the main drive, which is drive C in order to do that? I tried to take a screen shot and post it here for you to see what I'm talking about but this post doesn't allow that. Anyway, it's a list of all of my drives.