1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. lrt73

lrt73 Member

Hi All,

I don't mean to be dense, but what are the settings for DVD Decrypter? I tried using the "1-Click" method and got the error "Could not find the DVD Decrypter log". I continued using DVD Shrink, but it wouldn't finish the compression. I'm going through the setting now and I found where I can add a path for logs, but I'm not sure if the path should be in a certain folder or if this is something I'll have to do prior to every backup. Ideas? TIA...and Arniebear, THANKS FOR THE GUIDE!

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You need to setup according to the guide exactly.

3. lrt73

lrt73 Member

I did that initial...there is no DVD Decrypter log being created.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You need to provide the DebugLog.txt
    [​IMG]

Does your settings look like this?

5. Pat420

Pat420 Guest

great guide.. i am using it for my dvd of inside man...havent used 1-touch yet.. but your guide has worked great so far with the wizard.

6. lrt73

lrt73 Member

Yes it does...exactly like that.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@lrt73

Which version of RipIt4Me are you using, do you have the latest? Do you have all the paths correct, to DVDD, DVDS and FixVTS? If so you can try uninstalling DVDD and RipIt4Me and then reinstalling, see if this corrects. To uninstall RipIt4Me just delete the folder from your Documents and Settings folder, you will find it in the Applications subfolder just delete this and then reinstall RipIt4Me again.

8. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

arniebear:
    I seem to be having a problem with my hard drive filling up. The first movie I copied went just fine a couple of months ago. I was able to find all of the files that had been downloaded to my system and delete them. I copied another movie the other day and had half of my hard drive available. After coping that movie I deleted the files that had been downloanded from that movie as well but obviously I didn't get all of them. I'm emptying the folder I made for everything to go into but it seems that stuff is going other places as well. Can you, or anyone, tell me where I might find these files that are filling up my system. I went to copy a movie for my grandson last night and I did something wrong so I deleted the files from the temporary fold I had made but didn't copy the movie yet. It was so late I thought I'd do it all today. Now I don't have enough hard drive space available to do it. I know when I copied the first movie I was surprised to find the files were in the folder I had made for the files to go in but I had found them in another place as well and now I can't remember where that was. I know I should have written it down somewhere but didn't and I'm at a loss now as to how to make some free space on my hard drive by getting rid of the files from the last 2 movies I've copied. I must have done something wrong.
    Please help. Not only can't I afford to buy a larger hard drive or anything else right now but I wouldn't have anyone to put it in and I'm 63 years old and wouldn't even attempt that. I need some help please.
    Thanks in advance.
    Linda

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Areyou using Shrink along with RipIt4Me, because you will end up with two files on your HDD, the original ripped file from Decrypter and then the ouput file from Shrink which is the one you burn. So you need to delete both files afterward. Try looking in these places for spare files. C:/My Computer/Documents and Settings/your name/Applications/RipIt4Me. You can safely delete everything in the file but the updater and the config file. Then look in C:/My Computer/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application/DVD Shrink, you can safely delete any files in that one except the 1K cache file. Otherwise you need to look and see just what ouput file you used.

10. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Yes I'm using DVD Shrink. I did a search and see the large files but I didn't want to delet them and leave the smaller files that I'm not sure about that will eventually build up. I know nothing about what I can delet and what I can't. I'll follow your advise and do it that way. Thanks ever so much. These hard drives sure can fill up fast when your doing stuff like this. I'm also doing the transfers of my VHS tapes to DVD in case of having to evacuate again someday. It will be a lot easier to try to take DVD's with us rather then those bulky VHS tapes.
    I apprediate the help and I'll get to that now.
    Thanks again. Linda

11. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Well, those instructions aren't working for me. when I go to my computer I don't see documents and settings. I don't know how to find the documents and settings to find the applications. Could my system be set up differently? I tried to make a snapshot of my screen so I could show you what I see but I don't know how to do that either. I was able to find some of the files and get rid of those but I don't know which movie they were from nor where to find the others. I still have about a fourth of my hard drive that has files on it that weren't there before I tried to copy those movies. Any other suggestions?
    Linda

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Looks like this in XP, are you running something different?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you ran it through Shrink, you should either have VOB files or ISO files on your computer, you must have put them in a file somewhere.

13. Biscuitgr

Biscuitgr Member

thanks for your help

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You are welcome, happy burning :)

15. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I'm having a problem on step #4.

When fixing w/ FixVTS, What am I supposed to open at this point ?

# Step 4 - Cleanup with FixVTS

This is the last part of the wizard. FixVTS will process all titlesets to correct the structure of the DVD so it will open in DVD Shrink.

You can always do a test to see if the DVD will open up in DVD Shrink first. If it does, there should be no need to run FixVTS.

For a discussion on what the two options do, see section 3.4 of this guide.

1. Press the button.

* Note: The first time you use RipIt4Me, it may ask you for the location of your installed FixVTS program.

Browse to the location and double click on the FixVTS.exe file.

2. Press the button.

If you have not yet run FixVTS and the DVD has protected cells, this message will appear, warning you to run FixVTS first.

After FixVTS has completed its work, the files will be opened in DVD Shrink.

3. Press the button.

If you have enabled the setting "Save logs after rip" in the RipIt4Me Preferences window, the DVD Decrypter.log, the RipIt4Me.log and the temporary files will now be moved out of the VIDEO_TS folder to a conveniently named folder in your RipIt4Me application data folder.

You can read more about this function and how to change it in section 3.1.5 of this guide.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Use the 1Click Mode everything will be done automatically for you. Open RI4M, make sure your path to FixVTS is set correctly in your settings it should be C:/name of folder/FixVTS, You can also make sure you have the box checked for creation of a VTS folder this will save you from creating one. You can also uncheck Run DVD after Decrypter if you do not want the file to open in Shrink automatically.

[​IMG]

Then choose 1Click mode and choose your movie and press go, everything will just open on its own.

17. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Always clean with FixVTS.

18. Bsmithy

Bsmithy Member

Hey guys, I'm new here but I have been reading up on this thread. If I check the box for "remove unref. video" will this take out the special features and stuff? The reason I say this is because on most older DVDs, when I use DVDShrink, trailers and special features are often marked "unreferenced material." Also, I wanna make sure to remove protected cells, but DON'T remove tiny cells?

19. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Member

Hi
    Iam a newbie here and am trying.. without success to burn Madagascar for my daughter.
    I have RI4M, DVD decrypter, shrink, nero and FIXVTS.
    I have been able to use RI4M, then it goes to decrypter, then shrink and after that I have no idea...
    I try to burn with decrypter and it tells me 'operation completed successfully" but when I put it inot my dvd player it fails to load....
    I pnly have 1 DVD drive in my computer and at no stage am I given a message to insert a blank DVd...
    Iam so sorry, i have no idea what to do, i have been trying for 2 days now.
    It's killing me
    Thanks

20. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It will only take out the useless files or cells.