1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me vs. DVDFab

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, Mar 15, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I have the newest version of both, and with ripit4me having a built in fixvts it just seems as though ripit4me is a better program. However, from reading so many of the guides and posts, it seems a great number of people swear by DVDFab. My question is this--are there situations it is better to use DVDFab instead of RipIt4Me?

2. hamillp

hamillp Regular member

They are both good programs. I use DVD Fab to rip just because it is faster. There are some movies, however, with some of the newer encryption that require a little extra. In that case if FAB does not work, I will try Rip4me. I usually don't run things through FixVTS unless I need to. It is really a personal decision. Either way should work well for you.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I get bored using the same program day in and day out...I will use DVDFab for a month or two and then switch to Ripit4me for a change of pace. Try out both programs and see which one works the best for you. DVDFab, when coupled with FixVTS or VobBlanker, can be just as effective as ripit.

4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

So really its just a time issue or preference. I always use vobblanker either way.

5. wgd9891

wgd9891 Member

i always use dvdfab. just can't seem to learn to use fixvts. all that delete pgc's blah blah.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

same for me too, i was using RipIT4Me for awhile(couple months),(of course with VobB),
    then for the past couple months have used nothing but DVDFab(of course with VobB), shoot i'll switch back to RI4M probably soon. LOL

@ klemperal
    Same for me too, i cant do one without using VobB, using either,
    And it is a little quicker to rip with DVDFab + VobB, then RI4M + VobB.

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I like runn'in with ripit4me straight to hard drive..I can rip in 8mins 13maxs with a full movie depends on the extra's burn with clonedvd 14 mins tops..disc to disc clonedvd..I use that's 21mins just alone with that program..it depends sometimes on that to..

8. club42

club42 Regular member

I have never had any problems with dvdfab, as long as I update it frequently it will do any movie. As for full movies with the extras, if I want all that I will just use a DL. It still surprises me that I can use good ole dvddecrypter in iso mode to copy alot of newer movies as long as I rip to a DL and don't compress. The Departed, Fly boys, Borat, The Guardian, Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest ect.
    Oh Yea by the way nice pick hamillp.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007