1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped DVD Playback Too Wide ??

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jazee, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jazee

jazee Member

I'm using DVDFab to rip just the Main Movie. On some of the DVD's I'm ripping the playback is stretched. When I use VLC Media Player on my PC or stream it to my PS3 it is too wide. In VLC it shows the resolution as 720x480 but it is stretching it wider than that. The movie is Disney Atlantis and I noticed on the insert it says it has "been ehanced for 16 x 9 televsions" When I play the actual DVD, it is wide screen with black bars on top and bottom, but when I play the ripped bars the black bars are a lot thicker. Do I need to correct something using IfoEdit as DVDFab has virtually no options in it and I'm hoping I'm not forced to use something else as I've had trouble finding something that will decrypt, rip, and reauthor at the same time so the main movie can be easily burned to DVD if needed. DVDFab is one of the few that will do it.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

See if a new update helps ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36/583712
    There's mention of aspect ratio fixes in the last couple versions though that's for "DVD to Mobile". Other than that all i can offer is that i have never had this problem. I don't have a PS3 either.....