1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripped mpeg from VCD now how to burn?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by touran22, Apr 10, 2007.

1. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok so i ripped a mpeg from a VCD using iso buster. now when i go to burn this mpeg with nero vission express 4 it sayas "problems may occur when burning this project because its over the size limit"

when i use cyberlink power to go it gives me the same error.

how am i to burn this?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

how big is the file? also if the quailty is good enough i would put it on a dvd, you could use convertxtodvd to do your converting, it is much better thain nero, or you could make a dvix file out of the dat file, good luck

3. touran22

touran22 Regular member

the file is like 725mb, but if i ripped it out of a VCD already it should be able to go back onto that CD right? and no i dont wnat it on a DVD cuz the quality isnt DVD worthy and i can tbe asked to leave my coomputer for hours for it to convert lol.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well there are some 800mg cd's also you say the quailty is not that good for a dvd so what i would do is if this file was a download i would wait and get a better quailty of the file so you can put it on a dvd,

5. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh but u see i birned the bin file i downloaded onto a CD-R 700mb 80 min. now i want to burn the mpeg i ripped out onto another identicle CD-R 700mb 80 min that ised for the first one but in nero it says its too big and problems may occur....

Shall i just make a iso using imgburn then burn the iso onto a CD-R?

will imgburn burn the mpeg proplery so my dvd player can read it as a VCD?

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

depends on weather your dvd player will read that format, the best way is to go to videohelp.com and enter your dvd model number and it will tell you what or what not the player will or will not play, also you can try doing the over burn thing, cd's don't cost that much so if it don't work you are not out that much

7. touran22

touran22 Regular member

how u do the overburn thing?

8. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i my self don't use nero anymore but when i was useing it there is a place in the burning settings that will let you do that, you know what you could do is, do you have any dvdrw's just put this film on a dvdrw and if you don't like it you can record over the dvdrw that way you won't mess up a cd, cuzz some times when you over burn the disk won't be able to play, also you might go to the nero forum here at afterdawn and get a hold of guewenlin she is the queen of the nero forum she is real sharp with that program, also what version of nero are you using?

9. touran22

touran22 Regular member

@rdmercer1

I don't think you understand what i am trying to say.

1.I ripped the .DAT file from the VCD using isobuster.
    2.Now all i want to do is reburn the .DAT file onto a cd as a VCD.
    3.all the burning apps i have, tell me when i try to burn it on a cd that it is to big.
    4.it cant be too big because i ripped it from a cd so it hsould go back onto a cd.
    5.ive come here to seek for help.

Now i don't want to burn to a DVD-R,DVD+R,DVD-RW,DVD+RW becuase i just want it on a CD because the quality is not dvd worthy!

Now my question is how do i burn it? is there a specific program that can do this for me or what?

10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Why don't you see if VCDGear can be of some help using your original source.

http://www.vcdgear.com/

Here's some info from their FAQ which seems the opposite of your results:

How does a DAT differ from MPEG?

A DAT file is basically an MPEG file with the exception that it is bigger - but for a good reason. A DAT file contains extra information inside such as error correction information and extra sector information, but it also contains the MPEG stream. The MPEG file, of course, does not contain all the extra data that a DAT contains and is smaller.

11. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok i have vcd gear but i dont see how that is usefull! i ripped the .dat and saved as a .mpeg so vcd gear is useless.

i just want to know how to burn :(!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok i wa sin this forum and then the thread "avi to vcd" had my answer.

The moderator that answered gave my answer aswell! thank you...!!!

VCD gear can convert mpeg to bin/cue!!!! vcd formate!!!!!!! thanks uve helped alot!

13. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Is the new one SMALLER than the previous one you had?

What is VCDGear?

VCDGear is a tool written to effortlessly extract MPEG streams from CD images, convert VideoCD files to MPEG, correct MPEG errors, create (Super)VideoCDs and more!. The first public release was back in late 1997 and ever since then, VCDGear has continued to grow in complexity, offering a multitude of features to make this a very powerful tool for VideoCD enthusiasts. VCDGear is the result of over 6 years of work.

Some of the features you will find in VCDGear are:

* MPEG stream extractions from popular CD images
    * On the fly MPEG correction to fix certain types of MPEG errors
    * Super VideoCD and VideoCD image creation

14. touran22

touran22 Regular member

i know what VCD gear is. At first i didn't no how vcdgear could help burn mpeg's but now if u see my previouse post i answered my own question. thre is an option in vcdgear to convert mpeg to cue/bin vcd format! so ill juut convert and burn with imgburn and voila!

15. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sorry to have bothered.

16. touran22

touran22 Regular member

no no, im very gratefull that you took some of your time to read my querry and try and answer it. no 1 else bothered :(

Thanks mate i am trully gratefull :D