1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Ripping 2-cd releases help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tcbman, Jul 1, 2017.

1. tcbman

tcbman Member

Hi,
    I need help regarding ripping audio cds.
    Ripping single disk releases is no problem but I do have an issue with double disc/box releases.
    When ripping 2disc releases is there a easy way of naming the tracks 101,102,103 and so on for disc1 and 201,202 for disc2?
    The reason for asking is that this is the only way that my mp3 player will play the tracks in correct order when all audio files is in the same folder.(I dont want separate folders for each discs)
    I can manually naming all tracks 101,201 and so on after ripping process is done but it takes a lots of time and I was hoping this could be done automatic while ripping my discs?

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You already have your solution. I don"'t know of any software that will do what you want do, without doing the work that you were doing. My suggestion is, if you want to do it right, DO what you know what you have to do, and quit whining about it.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It most probably could be done & most probably by a script of some sort,however its way above my pay grade.
    There is a program i use for re-naming files quickly & that's explorerxp you could give that a go (free as in no money).Plonk the ripped cd into their own folders,then right click on whichever folder that has files you want to rename.Left click on the top or bottom most file (not sure if clicking on bottom & dragging up will rename in reverse when numbering) file & hold then drag mouse up till all are highlighted.Now right click rename,this now gives you the option to batch rename & or remove symbols & or close spaces (most probably pay to have two folders of the same files in case it doesn't work or until your used to the program

there is another program called rename master its portable & free

tcbman likes this.
  4. tcbman

tcbman Member

Thank you scorpNZ
    Will give this a try soon.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Just noticed when i said right click on the folder,forgot to mention ExplorerXP will be in the menu so left click on it.However it does have a left side context menu just like windows explorer does.
    Just checked it does have a re-numbering option & is accessed by highlighting the files like i mentioned,then after right clicking & selecting rename,the new window that pops up should be self explanatory.

tcbman likes this.
  6. Mez

Mez Active member

I do this all the time. I rip audio books to mp3s so I can listen to them while I commute. When I rip, I change the album to the name plus -01 and increment for each CD. These can reside in the same folder and will play in order without a play list. Depending on if your player uses album titles or file names you may be able to rename the titles back to original names if you dare. I wouldn't. More than half the players use the titles not the files names to order the files. My ripper will save the compellation info into the meta data but no player uses that. I keep that info just in case. You have a real mess if you lose the compellation info in a 26 disk compellation. I would never risk that! It is much easier to start allover again.

tcbman likes this.