1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping a blu-ray movie to a BD-R 25gb

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by sf49ers, Feb 15, 2010.

1. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

Hey guys and gals. I guess i'm having trouble finding out how to rip a blu ray movie that i own to a 25gb db-r. I can back up my dvd movies and 360 games and ps2 blah blah blah... but just new into the bluray arena. Ive got my burner,25bg disks, anydvd hd/blu-ray but not sure where to go from here. any help would be great and appreciated. Thanks

2. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

ued anydvd-hd to back up my Twilight Blu ray to my harddrive and now using Db rebuilder to try to get it to db-r 25gb. so fingers crossed. oh once this works hopefully can i burn with nero 9 or what would work with this output file. thanks

3. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

ohh and the Twilight blu ray came out as 44.5 gb after the anydvd/hd so now the bd rebuilder will shrink this down to bd-25 right?? then what program to burn to the bd-25 disk? thanks

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

12. Repeated posts to increase total number of posts is not allowed. Especially if your message is the last in the thread, edit it rather than post a new message.
    use this icon [​IMG] next time to edit your post.

5. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

sorry wasnt tying to up post count. dont really care what my post count is. I'm in the process of this and was just adding info as i went in case it helped out any and didnt know that icon was there. thanks and sorry

ps thanks for the help. :-(

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  6. ddp

teach & learn.

7. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

is there no other process for the blu-rays?? like dvd shrink lol. this has taken over 2 1/2 hrs already and I havnet ever tried to burn one yet.

8. ddp

don't know as i haven't done any of this as just not my bag at the present moment. keep searching thru the threads as you should find what you are looking for.

9. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

well thanks for all the help ive received Ive managed to back up my Twilight blu ray disk to a bd-r 25gb. using anydvdhd,bdrebuilder and imgburn and many, many hrs later I was able to get Just the Movie. No extras. Trying my luck on my Transformers revenge of the Fallen now. I have a ETA of 13hrs left of the bdrebuilder part then try to burn with imgburn.

10. sc0rch3d

sc0rch3d Member

DVDFAB HD will re-size to a 25gb BD-R in very little time. It takes about an hour or two.

Problem is that you have to have Any-DVDHD do the decoding work, since the DVDFAB guys are not able to push out current updates to the decoder very fast or reliably.

AnyDVD HD to decode > DVDFab HD to shrink > ImageBurn to burn. About 4 hours work per Blu-Ray.

11. sf49ers

sf49ers Member

Thaks I'll give that a try. I was able to back up a couple of my disks but Terminator Salvation is kicking my butt.

12. mtouset

mtouset Member

If you desire to use BD-Rebuilder...change two setting...one to movie only and the other to 25GB. The application will do the rest. Personally I like to use MeGUI and TSMuxer

13. scrapesky

scrapesky Member

what about this exact issue for MC users?

14. mtouset

mtouset Member

Sorry, I wish I could help you with MAC. Hopefully another MAC user can chime in.

15. scrapesky

scrapesky Member

yea, its hard out here for us Mac users burning Blu Rays. i can extract them, rip, convert, etc, etc, but it is a lot of work.

i am very satisfied with using my girlfriends PC. i use AnyDVD HD to rip the BD to my desktop or wherever you want, after that i go in and find which .m2ts file i need. i just remember it, or write which one it is on some paper or whatever, then i take IMGburn. from there i choose to create image from file or folder. i go in and hit browse file/folders and find the certain .m2ts file i need then choose it, then obviously give it a destination such as your desktop or wherever again. i use desktop because it is easy to find and delete when finished. after i do this i convert it (.m2ts file) to an image (.iso). after you have successfully created your image file of your .m2ts file i reopen IMGburn, then choose to write image (.iso) to disc, and there you have it! PC style of course.

i own a LG blu ray burner and it works great! i always unplug it and plug it back in just before i write the image to disc (burn the blu ray). it seems to help me, i had trouble with it before, but this fixed it for me. i don't know?

my method does not include any special features or menus or anything, just the movie itself. they usually run in the 16-21gb zone. just right for a 25gb blu ray disc.

16. mtouset

mtouset Member

17. mtouset

mtouset Member

Another recommendation would be to try using BD-Rebuilder which is basically a one-click application once you set the settings to "movie only" and "BD25" The result will be a MDMV and CERTIFICATE folders which you then burn with IMGBURN.

18. eric545

eric545 Regular member

sf49ers

There is only one problem that I have found when using for instance DVDFab 7 to shrink a blu-ray movie down small enough to fit on a 25gb single layer blu-ray blank and that is:

When I owned an older Sony Blu-ray player a BDP-S300 shrunk movies would play just fine on it. However; now that I have traded up to a Sony BDP-S560 movies that I used DVDFab 6 or 7 to shrink will not play in the BDP-S560. I get a message something like, unable to play this disk.

Having said that, I now rip blu-ray disc's using AnyDVD (HD) to an .iso file which saves everything on the disc. I then use the CyberLink BD Suite that came with my Plextor PX-B940SA to burn the .iso file to disc. This however; means that if a blu-ray contains more than 25GB's of Data then I have no choice but to use a 50GB blank.

I only use: TDK Blu-ray Disc 50GB 4X BD-R - Printable [Japanese Import] and
    TDK Blu-ray Disc 20 Count Spindle - 25GB 4X BD-R - Printable [Japanese Import].

The 25GB disc's run about $5.00 each and the 50GB disc's run around $10.00 each.

PS: I only burn at 2X. That is half the rated burn speed for the blanks. Eventually when 6X or 8X blanks are available from TDK then I will increase the burn speed.

I have burned more than 200 blu-rays, and haven't had a coaster yet.

Eric

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  19. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

I've use blue cloner with either anydvd hd or Blu-ray HD DVD Copy Helper. Works 75% of the time lol.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010