1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping and Burning sections of a DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Pierce52, Feb 25, 2005.

1. saea501

saea501 Member

Trust: We're working on it, as you can see, I have not been able to figure it out yet either. If you just follow along with this thread then hopefully we both will have our questions answered at the same time. Frank said he is working on a tech paper for his web site this weekend. Remember too its Easter weekend, I am sure Frank has things to do other than this. Hang on, buddy, we'll get it figured out.

2. trust121

trust121 Member

iite koo.. ill be checkin up on this later in the week. ill post a reply if i figure something out too.. peace!

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I came up with a slightly different method of getting the clips into Shrink. I wrote a flash tutorial on it.

I actually made the compilation while making the guide so I know it works....well it worked for me at any rate.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/clips guide.html

Just make sure you read everything and BTW you can find the nav buttons for the guide in the lower right corner of the window.

If you want a quick refresher in the basics of making a clip I have this guide as well. It goes into more detail of how the Set Start/End Frames feature works.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial001.html

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  4. trust121

trust121 Member

fasfrank thanks for that flash presentation you made it very clear! your site is dope!.. thanks again i will try to put my clips together and i will post results wen i can. thanks again!

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You are welcome! That presentation was for taking a few clips from a single DVD so I started making a guide for adding clips from different DVDs.

I usually want transitions and a continuous audio track when I do this sort of thing so using something like NeroVision Express is better in some cases. That will let you put in chapters as well.

6. trust121

trust121 Member

i just got done finishing a dvd consisting of clips form other dvds.. everything worked out good! smooth and clean.. no skipping or coasters.. thanks again for all the help.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Congratulations trust121!
    Sometimes the transition from one clip to the next can be a little abrupt so you can always find "miniclips" of some sort to place in between your main clips. A bit of black video is usually not to hard to find.

I'm still working on optimizing my interactive guides so they don't take so long to download. I have broadband so I tend to make everything too big. I may add a link to a flash .exe that can just be downloaded and watched. I can just mail the guides if anyone wants a copy.

8. trust121

trust121 Member

the transitions do cut pretty fast. but im okay with it. i do try to find a lil black fade to add in it. if you find another way to do transitions let me know. but for now im happy with my results.. thanks again!

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I use other programs for making clip compilations. Shrink can glue them together but there is no way to add a soundtrack or real transitions. The good thing is, is the price. It is OK if you have some things you just want to add on to the beginning or end of a DVD though. Adding a transition will be very tricky because you have to add it as a seperate clip. If you find a transition, say a fade to black, make a clip of just the transition and you can use it here and there. I have some black video clips that are pretty easy to find. Most movies have several. I use everything from Shrink to Nero to Premiere Pro so I have lots of options for video clips.

10. trust121

trust121 Member

ok thanks i'll give that a try!