1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping audio off dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bballcj33, Mar 4, 2005.

1. bballcj33

bballcj33 Member

I was wondering if it was possible to rip audio off of dvds for instance the blue collar comedy tour and make them mp3s to put on my ipod.

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Yeah Smartripper can do that for you.

Just choose the Disc you want,then untick every chapter but the one that the audio is in "if you want the whole disc just leave the chapters alone", click Stream Processing tab-tick enable stream processing, then tick your Audio/Video files and choose Demux to extra file button on the side menu.

Hit start and let it work. That will leave you with a .wav and .m2v and a couple other files. Then you could use any program that converts .wav to .mp3. I use Nero and break up the .wav into tracks but you could use BeSweet or something like that.

I just used it to strip the audio from the Wizard of OZ to make The Dark Side of OZ. I've also used it for live concert dvd's.

I've heard something about Dvd2Mp3 or something like that but never used it.
    I hope this all make sense, if not gimmie a shout and I can explain it better, it's been a long day.....

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member