1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping badly scratched dvds???? any methods

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Robest, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Robest

Robest Member

a dvd i am trying to copy for someone has fairly bad scratches on the bottom and dvdshring keeps giving me crc errors and dvddecryptor keeps giving me i/o errors, is there any better programs for doing heavily used dvds like this one?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Best bet is to get a DVD repair/cleaning apparatus.
    I would suggest SkipDr

[​IMG]

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

mayo,

That damn skip doctor thing sucked. Maybe I did something wrong, but it looked like I ran the disk I "fixed" with it through a sandblaster. Luckily I did my test run with it using a blank CD-R. I was only out a few cents.

Took it back to Best Buy the next day.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you might try DVD X Copy Recuse or try dvd decrypter in brute force mod. and get the disc as clean as you can get it

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

My wife smears peanut butter on my DVDs.

And I'm not joking. I actually found peanut butter smeared on one of my disks that started skipping. I was thinking, "What the hell???" It surprised me that it didn't screw up the laser.

Glad it wasn't chunky PB.

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Sorry for that random bit of info.

My point is, make sure your wife hasn't smeared PB on your disk. And yes, I did say di[bold]S[/bold]k.

Perv

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

sadsac,
    Not sure what you did wrong, but lots of people have used that with great success including me. It works believe you me! LOL

You probably forgot to follow the 10% rule when using it... Yeah you know the rule where you need to be 10% smarter than the equipment you are working with.. LOL :)

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

mayo

I'm not really sure it didn't work. The disk may have played, but the surface looked like it had been sandblasted.

Like I said, I just tested a blank disk.

9. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

I have repaired a couple of disks with 2 products.

Depending how badly scratched the disk is I will first use D-Skratch which is a paste to take out the deap scratches.

[​IMG]

Then I use a product that is called Merlins Disk Magic which is amazing.

[​IMG]

I have succesfully repaird some playstation games theat would not even load before using these products. You could probably use toothpaste in place od the paste but I had mine before I heard of that, some guys have had great succes with that.

10. adult33

adult33 Guest

Go to the local auto parts store and get either Mothers rim polish , or blue magics plastic polish , i have found both products to work well with getting rid of the scratches on cd's , im sure it will work on dvd's . havent had a problem yet !