1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping dvd to edit video

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blehpunk, Nov 3, 2002.

1. blehpunk

blehpunk Member

so i bought an hp dvd200e maybe im retarded, but no one else i know has a dvd burner so no one can answer my questions... i need to rip from store bought dvds and store some on my hard drive so i can edit some video in premiere or something (ie. i need to take clips from dvds) whats the best program to use thats not lame? also whats the best one to use to rip from a dvd, copy onto harddrive then put back on dvd+r? and am i stupid for buying this drive? should i get a dvd-r instead...they seem the same. anyway thanks for any info

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup..
    i have a HP DVD200i (the internal version of the burner).
    One, no you are not stupid for buying it. DVD+Rs work on every consumer dvd player i have tried so far (over 12 players in bestbuy, i bring my dvd+r disc with and put it in a player, if it shows the chapters and times and goes between them, it works!).
    Two, a few good programs to use to edit movies from dvd movies are: smartripper, it lets you output a video stream and audio stream, or you can use flaskmpg to do the same.
    -the best way to do a dvd movie to harddrive back to dvd+r is to follow the guides at www.doom9.net, they have a nice selection and detailed guides.. otherwise send me a private message and i can drop ya a few notes/tips..
    peace
    seamonkey420