1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping/Extracting Audio From A DVD

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by gogochar, Aug 18, 2006.

1. gogochar

gogochar Guest

First, you will need to decrypt the files onto your hard drive. Use AnyDVD's ripper or DVDFab Decrypter. What you will want to do is install #1 DVD Audio Ripper. You can get it here.

Now, click the gear icon (the 5th icon). These are the options you want to make to get the best quality you can get:

[​IMG]
    Tick the "Don't ask when overwrite existing files" and "Use APSI to access your DVD (faster)" options
    [​IMG]
    And then, click okay. Then, you want to exit the program and then open it again. This is to ensure that you save your settings because you may not have the chance later. Now, click the first icon and open the files that you saved to your harddisk. Then, right-click anywhere in the window and hit "Check-All". Next, hit the lightning bolt and start ripping. This may take all night, but you will have all the audio you will need. Simply burn it to a CD-R and have fun. If you need an audio splitter, ask around for one as I do not have Windows or the time to search for one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
  2. Rc51rider

Rc51rider Member

will this program,#1 DVD Audio Ripper, cause any conflicts with DVD Shrink or FixVTS, and or Nero that you know of?I have been looking for a program to extract audio clips from dvds for a while and this seems like the easiest way to do it that I've found.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. gogochar

gogochar Guest

No because the program only extracts the audio from the DVD. You will get a bunch of files afterwards (something I neglected to mention), but the files you will need to burn to CD are noticeable. Just right-click the directory folder and sort by size. Burn the largest sized file to CD if possible. If you need to split the audio, ask around for programs to split audio.
    I can't help much with any more screenshots because I solely use Linux now, but I've played with the program long enough to remember a few things about it.
    My only advise to you is to make sure you aren't running any other programs in the background at the time you use this proggy because this uses a shitload of recourses. It's also best to use it at night.
    BTW, I'll update the guide (only a few minor changes though).