1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping from a DVD-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jjigsaww, Jun 27, 2007.

1. jjigsaww

jjigsaww Member

I have some videos on a DVD-r that a friend burned for me and I'd like to rip them from the DVD-r, edit them, and then upload them onto Youtube but I can't seem to be able to. I tried ripping from media player (not even an option, straight importing into Movie maker (wouldn't let me) and simply drag and drop from the DVD-r and nothing working.

How can I do this?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Rip them with DVD Decrypter
    Put disk in drive, run decrypter, select 'mode' > 'file', click the button and the files will be saved to a folder on the HDD

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

DVDFabHDDecrypter does the same for protected disks.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Then decide how you wish to edit them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  3. jjigsaww

jjigsaww Member

Well.. that helped extract them but I can't do anything with the files as far as cutting them to fit within youtube's restrictions.

4. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

If you've already extracted them, try using Super Video Converter. It's typically used for cell phone video conversions, but will do the trick for what you want. It's highly customizable as far as size limitations, resolutions, frame rates, etc. And best of all it's FREE! Hope this helps!

5. jjigsaww

jjigsaww Member

Everytime I use that Super Video Converter and try to add the extracted file it seems to only want to add 25 seconds of the file.