1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping from an image drive

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kjohn73, Aug 27, 2007.

1. kjohn73

kjohn73 Member

I bought Nero 7 Enhanced the other day so I can convert my Audible files to .mp3. All fine and dandy. With Nero, I created an image drive. I burned an .aa file to it with FreeRip. FreeRip didn't seem to want to recognize the image drive when I went to rip it to .mp3. Okay, Itried ripping with WMP - same thing. Can someone help me out here? I can burn .aa files to CD's, then rip to .mp3. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks in advance.

2. nighters

nighters Member

i would try burning to an image file via nero (drop-down box on last window before the burning actually begins)

then mount the image using nero's imagedrive (look under tools in nero's start menu entry)

then try for mp3s

3. kjohn73

kjohn73 Member

Thank you!! I'll give that a try when I get a moment.

4. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

That sounds a bit convoluted. I use Total Recorder to transcode my audible files, followed by MP3 DirectCut to cut them into pieces.

5. nighters

nighters Member

it is a PITA but slightly less than burning them to an actual cd and ripping them.

I'm using total recorder now myself - but would have preferred to find freeware or open source software instead though