1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Live Video/Streaming video

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by kearnguy, Mar 15, 2002.

1. kearnguy

kearnguy Guest

Anyone know how to capture live video/streaming video. The main programs that I want to know how to rip from would be IE, Quicktime, and Real Player. For example, I am a member of a site that provides new release movies to rent and view via streaming video. I sure would like to be able to capture the video and save it on my hard drive.

2. Sawg

Sawg Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2002
  3. kearnguy

kearnguy Guest

Thanks a mil Sawg, I appreciate the tip. I will download now an give it a spin. Let me know if you run across anything that works with IE or Quicktime.

4. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

i know this thread is old but here goes....on my puter(maybe not all) if i watch a streaming quicktime movie..i let it play all the way through...then in the program files under qmgr or similar there is the cache for quicktime and for some reason it stores the whole movie in there.wierd but it works..i am on 56k and this works offline.as metioned streambox works for real files..as for the rest maybe a tv out card would work hooked up to a vcr?

5. Sidewindr

Sidewindr Member

Is there any way other than SVCR? I can't get it to work on most streams. :(