1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping my dvds and how to make them smaller size

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leecopp, Sep 10, 2004.

1. leecopp

leecopp Member

hi. when i rip my dvds on to my computer. the size of the dvds are about 6.7GB, is there anyway i could make the size smaller but everything else the same.

2. viper64

viper64 Guest

Use DVD SHRINK to ripp your movies to your hard drive. This software will compress that 6.7gb to around 4.3gb

3. leecopp

leecopp Member

ive done that but the size it about 5.2gb now is there anything else i could do. thanx for you help

4. viper64

viper64 Guest

Try this open up DVD SHRINK and then click on edit next click on preferences, click the arrow where it says dvd-5(4.7gb) and click custom and then change the number to 4200mb then click ok. That should do it; by the way what movie are you trying to back up?

5. viper64

viper64 Guest

One more thing are you trying to save the menus & extras?

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

"ive done that but the size it about 5.2gb"

re-run the 5.2gb file through shrink and 're-shrink' it to get it down to size.

Also i would advise you to read up on how to remove extras/soundstreams/credits from your movies using shrink or you will begin to notice very poor images etc from the compression