1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Philips dvd recorded disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by riphack, Sep 22, 2003.

1. riphack

riphack Guest

Hi can anybody help in ripping a film from a disk that has been recorded by a philips dvd recorder. DVDSHRINK starts to rip and display the files and then crashes, DVD DECRYPTER doesn't recogise the format. The disk I want to rip will play OK through all stand alones and computer dvd drives. I have managed to Rip one earlier without any problems using DVDSHRINK???

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I have the philips dvdr 880.

I record onto rw's from the TV, thenj I just run it through Dvd Decrypter version 3.1.6.0
    (I use the Philips rw 2.4x)

I use FILE mode and just select have the program select the files itself - (movie files)

This selects the main IFO and corresponding VOB files.

It goes straight through, not very quick but works fine.

Then I process it through dvd2one, which leaves me with a nice authored file structure.

This process is flawless for me.

Sounds like there maybe problems on the disc - sometimes the philips doesn't finalise and wrecks the disc.....

Strange though that it will play in the pc, but the pc will not process it via the software......

Try just copy and pasting ALL files and see if you get that to work, other than that I do not know what else to suggest - except copy the disc on the fly to a different brand.

3. riphack

riphack Guest

Thanks BaaBaa - I Will try it again tonight.