1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping SFX and Background audio from GTA SA PS2?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cd1234, Sep 22, 2010.

1. cd1234

cd1234 Member

Is it possible to extract the sound effects and background audio from the .PAK archives on the PS2 game Grand theft auto San Andreas? I would like the police chatter such as the radio chatter you hear when on a police bike as well as the radio you hear when you are wanted. I would also like to extract the music that you hear in the dance clubs. I can extract the radio stations using San Andreas Radio but that only does the radio stations. Is there some kind of ripkit out there that extracts all audio from SA sort of like radio free san andreas or san andreas audio tools for the PC version, I have the PS2 version only. I have tried this group of tools called GTASA tool it has an IMG extractor and a sfx extractor and a vag extractor but I find it too difficult to use and it doesnt even decode the files properly. I will try to post one of the VAG files on a filehost. Thanks for your help.

Here is the file, http://rapidshare.com/files/420618191/FILE0007.VAG it's the little tune you hear when you complete a mission. if you play it in MFAudio without changing anything it plays fine till the end and then it skips. any way to get this to play like it does in the game? I just need the right settings for MFAudio then I can convert all of these and maybe even just do the .PAK files and make 1 long wave file out of it.

You can download this file 10 times so if anyone clicks on it and it's dead just message me and i'll repost it. Thanks again.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

It depends on if what you want is on its own track. Otherwise you could become rich with the effort involved, like invent cold fusion or cure cancer. You will first need to understand the structure of a Pak file. Maybe sound effects are on their own audio track. Then your plan is do-able.

Without even a second thought the low tech solution will be thousands of times easier than what you propose. Just record the sound. If you want quality, get yourself a 300 USD professional digital recorder. Otherwise get a cassette recorder. Check out the other thread next to this one. All this guy wants to do is change the speed of a wave file by 4%. It is a pain in the ass to get it right.

3. cd1234

cd1234 Member

did you even try the link provided? I uploaded one of the .VAG files so people can tinker with it and if they find the right settings they can post it here. the .PAK files are archive files, I can extract the .VAG files from these .PAK archives but I cannot find the right settings to use in MFAudio.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I would not know what to do with it nor do I care to learn. I waist too much time giving advice which I know the answer.

Why would someone want to what to spend hours of their time doing work for you that you lack the desire to do your self? I could see building up a skill that could make them some money but I don't see it in extracting sound effects out of a PAK file making good money. I suspect it would be extremely difficult unless you were real lucky. This is the first time I have seen mention of PAK files or MFAudio in this forum. I don't know if MFAudio is a good utility. I sugest trying to post somethine like this on the PS@ forum. Change the name or the mods will be after you.

You never know who might be reading this forum, you might get lucky.