1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping to VCD Then no Sound

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by LostSoul, Jun 30, 2002.

1. LostSoul

LostSoul Guest

I have ripped several DVDs successfully...However, All have no sound... I'm losing the sound somewhere.. I use SMARTRIPPER to rip the files, then I use DVDX to convert. then I use VCDEASY to create and burn into 2 vcds... This works fine. However, the finished product lacks the audio......can someone help with this.

2. Conan

Conan Member

i also have a similar problem (as listed elsewhere in here) in that the rippin process was fine (decrypter-dvd2avi-tmpegenc) the vcd had no sound but all files were created no problem. also took 24hrs and this should be more like 8hrs?!?!! ideas??

3. Jake

Jake Active member

LostSoul: If you use DVDx, i donĀ“t understand why you need a smartripper. You only need DVDx and TMPGEnc, read the DVDx guide.

4. churdy

churdy Guest

hey, to rip DVD's I use Easy DivX which converts the .vos into a .avi, and also rips the sound file as a wave to the hdd, then I use tmpge to convert to .mpg sometimes tmpge doesn't pick up the sound, whoever you can use the DVD saved sound in that field, then you click load, and use VCD-pal, and click start, also in settings there's a part where you can cut the .AVI and then convert it. hit me back if you need more help