1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping wma audio from divx video

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Grafdude, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

I have this divx video, which I want to rip the audio track and encode it to ac3 for DVD authoring. When I rip the audio from the avi file in either vdub, nandub or vdubmod (Save as WAV), it will output a rather small .wav file (45mb).

Then I renamed that file to .wma and tried to play it under media player, and it just makes it freez. I also attempted to open it in Steinberb Wavelab and Sony Soundforge without any success. Weird thing is that when I rename the audio track to .divx, WMP plays the file just fine.

I also tried to rip the audio track with the option "Full processing mode" and this is the error I got:

"Error initializing audio stream decompression: The requested conversion is not possible.
    Check to make sure you have the required codec (Microsoft Audio Codec)" "AVIOutputWAV: The Handle is invalid."

Here is the information regarding the audio track that Gspot gave me for this video:

Stream name: divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks
    Bitrate:64 kb/s (32/ch, stereo)

The video was encoded with DivX 4 (OpenDivX)

2. Grafdude

Grafdude Member

I found out what the problem was, I didn't have the infamous divx_audio_402 codec installed to properly decode the auido.