1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM converting issue

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by n009, Feb 2, 2005.

1. n009

n009 Member

I trieed with both of these codecs. Same result. Other issue I now marked was that it only converted a half for the RM file. Original length was about 25 min, and I got approximately 12 min stub only.

Thanks Celtic. But this seems to be very tricky. I have graphedit, but I have no idea how to convert with this. Could you give me help? Some model like original-something-something-something would be very nice. When we have solved this, I am indebted to you a BIG BIG thankyou.

Oole

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

[​IMG]
    You will get pretty massive filesize as it will just be raw YV12 video. You could save space by inserting a dshow video encoder like ffdshow, picvideo, etc. between the real video decoder and the avi mux filter. Similarly you could use say flac dshow for the audio, although then you would maybe need to use a mkv mux filter instead of the avi one.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  3. n009

n009 Member

If the last filter is "file writer", i suppose I have done everything OK. But now I got a message: "The graph could not change state. The buffer is too small" or something like that (freely translated). What causes this?

Oole

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Sorry, don't know that error. Do you get it straight away or after some time? Because I only tried small samples.

You might want to try searching google with the exact message. This usually results in quite a lot of usefull info.

5. n009

n009 Member

Thanks a lot, Celtic. You have spent lots of time because of that.

I have received the same message with both large and small files.

It´s hard to find any íssues related to that on google.com because the other half of the message is in Finnish (OS language) and the other is in English.

But if someone finds a result for that, please let me know.

Ok, thanks a lot.

Oole

6. n009

n009 Member

New information!

Graphedit gives me also this error number: 0x8004020d. When exploring in google, I found the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;889136 . Could that possibly be the source of this problem? My rm files are absolutely below 100 mb.

I can´t install the hotfix, because it supports only English OS versions.

Oole

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If your OS supports unicode (XP, 2k, 2003, etc.) then could you try this: http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/test/RealMediaSplitter.7z

That is the version of Gabest's filter that I was using.
    Also the version of Graphedit was 5.04.00.2904 build 040709.

You could also try just extracting the audio to wav and then loading the original rm stream into TMPGEnc as the video source and the wav as the audio source as I suggested earlier.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  8. n009

n009 Member

Thanks Celtic again!

A new Realsplitter seems to help. Now I am able to convert small RMs with Graphedit. But the result is that audio in the output file is OK, but video is totally muddled. When trying to convert 65 MB rm, the process will start, but it freezes in the end of the converting. Then I tried to put a divx decoder between RealVideo Decoder and Avi MUX, and then I got just same message "buffer is not big enough".

Could there be some solution for that?

Also I faced a new problem after installing the new rm splitter. TMPGEnc doesn´t open RM files anymore. It freezes when trying.

Oole

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  9. Veblin

Veblin Active member

10. n009

n009 Member

Thanks, but I am just seeking for a freeware way to do this for continuous use.

Oole

11. Veblin

Veblin Active member

R7C Real7time Converter v1.1.
    http://r7cproj.euro.ru/indexe.htm

Completely free converter, but needs free Real Player.
    Convert RA, RM files or streams to AVI or WAV, MP3 audio. It is designed to convert streaming Real Media but will also work on files.

URL > FILE://C:\Directory\Filename.rm

This program does also have problems converting larger files. Virtual Memory Error. Possiblly for a reason similar to the "buffer is not big enough" message you are getting.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  12. n009

n009 Member

Thanks Veblin!!!

It really works!!!!

I also had R7C but I didn´t realize that it can also convert not-stream files. I tried it with my 60 Mb RM-file and I finally got, a clear, fine AVI output file. Thanks to you, Veblin!

Celtic, I would also like to thank also you, because of your huge work with helping me. MPlayer didn´t help (except making an audio output), Graphedit didn´t help, but this method works. You still helped me to add my knowledge in directshow working and editing multimedia files. Thanks!

Regards
    Oole