1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM player with brightness & contrast control?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ly92078, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ly92078

ly92078 Member

Are there any free RM players with brightness and contrast controls?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

3. ly92078

ly92078 Member

Thank you for your reply. Could you direct me to such a player; or is there a way to add the codecs to the windows media player? I don't know how!

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well that was one of my answers.
    mplayer supports rm files and can adjust brightness and contrast. The other answer was any directshow based player that supports the adjustment (WMP is a dshow based player). You just need to have real's decoders along with Gabest's splitter. For some really old files you would also need ffdshow since from recollection Gabest's video decoder wrapper doesn't support RV10/RV20.

5. ly92078

ly92078 Member

celtic_d,
    thank you very much for your suggestions! I was able to download mplayer and the codecs AND was able to unzip them into the correct folders AND got it to work, with contrast and brightness!!! I feel that was quite an accomplishment for an uneducated (as in dumb) newbe. As a second wish, I would like to use the windows media, but could not understand (as in newbe)how to obtain and install the codecs into Windows Media Player. Any clarification on those directions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

6. ly92078

ly92078 Member

oh, and I did download realalt lite 152 with the codecs...I just don't know how to get the codecs into windows media player.

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

There are no codecs. Real Alt just installs Real's decoders along with Gabest's filter. In other words what I suggested. WMP is a directshow based player, it uses whatever direct show filters are available, you don't specifically get them "into" it. If you have Real Alt installed, then the files should play in WMP.

8. ly92078

ly92078 Member

Am so puzzled. Was away from computer for a week. I found that I could play some rm programs on windows media player...but others gave the same codec error message or just showed an audio display. I then went back to media player classic and ALL rm files worked perfect, except no brighness and contrast. I did run FFDShow.

Somewhere around there I retried Mplayer, which had been working (as indicated above} and now IT wont play many RM files ---gives a "signal 11 in_aud_codec error and crashes. I must have messed something up, but am not sure what.

I appreciate you taking the time to help steer me through some of this...I do feel dumb and overwealmed!