1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rmvb

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clearsky, Apr 30, 2005.

1. clearsky

clearsky Member

hi guys probable an easy one for you but not for me,how do you convert rmvb files to avi/mpeg and what software do I need.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

3. clearsky

clearsky Member

thanks for the prog,unfortunaely does not reconise rmvb.however have now got super dvd creator 8.5 which does work except audio is out of sync with video still need any help i can get.

4. chrome38

chrome38 Member

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

And here is another converter:

http://www.tomdownload.com/multimedia_design/video/avone_rm_to_avi_dvd_vcd_svcd_mpeg_converter.htm

A quote from the website:

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Sorry all, I didn't sea the mbv part)

WinAVI is supposed to handle rmbv and convert to mpeg

http://www.winavi.com/

Cheers,

7. clearsky

clearsky Member

i am going to try winavi now but everything i,ve triedsso far always comes out with the same rasult audio out of sync.thanks for all the help so far hope this works

8. clearsky

clearsky Member

well everybody you name it i,ve tried it.i have downloaded sg1 season 8 in rmvb format i usually find a way round most problems but this one . ive tried nero roxio intervideo dvd creator super video creator media creator wizard, well pete even bought win avi and still cant cant convert it plays fine on real player before convertion so i kbow download is fine first time trying winavi cant get past error message"outdir cannot include"_"any suggestions thanks

9. clearsky

clearsky Member

fasfrank thanks for your link tried the trial vertion but guess what the audio was out of sync thanks again.
    CRACKED IT
    used winavi video converter as advised once i choose the right dirertory i played about with the audio bitrate set it to 224000 and that solved the problem.thanks again for all the advise and help

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  10. dastott

dastott Member

Mainconcept also does the job although I'm not sure about PERFECT audiosync because I have only used it to convert football games...

11. Majestix2

Majestix2 Guest

Try using EasyX video converter. I've use it to convert rmvb to avi and mpeg2 without loss is quality or sync problems. Just remember when you set the settings for avi, mpeg2 or whatever your converting to make sure the converted audio is wav not mp3.