1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romote To Complex for Girlfriend!!!!!

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Xtr3m3, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Xtr3m3

Xtr3m3 Member

I just wonder if anyone else has this problem. I have a Kenwood 500 watt reciever, sony tv, toshiba dvd player. I bought one of those $60 remote so it can learn all the signals which is cool. This gets rid of the multiple remotes but is confusing as hell to my girlfriend.

Here is an example, to turn my tv on i would press "TV" for the video...."AMP" for the kenwood reciever. Then my girlfriend wants to watch a movie...so she says how do you turn on the dvd player control....so i would say...well go to "TV" and keep pressing the tv/video til it cycles to video 7, then go to "DVD" and that controls the dvd player & Tv sound. She gets lost....because there are other inputs for the sound that i assign and she forgets them.

I saw some recievers that have some componet inputs.......i'm wondering if that would help to change tv & sound to the appropriate setting...and hopefully do the same with the DVD....something to that effect.... Does anyone know???

Thanks....

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. Xtr3m3

Xtr3m3 Member

Thanks for the reply,

I was just looking at some other websites reviewing remotes....and think mine has the capability just have to learn the macros....

i have the sony RM-VL900 wich isnt a bad remote. I read online on eopinions that someone did program his remote to with macros to do this 1)change the tv video input to video 6 for the dvd player......2)change the audio on the reciever for the optical for the dvd player 3)change the remote settings for the dvd player. Thats all from pushing 1 button!!! Thats what i want....and guess i just have to figure out how to program the macros.....

Can anyone tell me if i'm right...or even close...