1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

router connection issue

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by smallbird, Jun 21, 2012.

1. smallbird

smallbird Member

Hi all
    I just renew my internet contract with At&T, however it seem I have some connection issue when I try to using bridge model with my router, before I renew everything work fine.
    I have below spec; please let me know additional info is need!
    Modem: D-Link DSL-520B
    Router: Cisco Linksys WRT 310N
    Even I switch my modem to bridge mode, and enter login ID in router it still won’t connect (which is exactly what I did before renew)
    Please help! thx

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What did AT&T and LinkSys tell you, when you asked them?

3. smallbird

smallbird Member

I have those gear with me for a while, so it was out of manufacture warranty service, basically just tell me to paid them in order to get service
    AT&T support, tell me something similar since my router is not belong to AT&T it will cost me to resolve my issue,
    That is why I try to seem my help here.
    • Today I try to disable the DHCP and using auto on my router, but so far no luck

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I believe you can only use AT&T equipment with their service because when you install it you have to send the the serial number of the modem. There are a lot of Internet Service Providers that will only let you use their equipment.I also have AT&T DSL.

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You were using AT&T, before you renewed your contract with them. At that time, everything was working fine.

You renewed your contract with AT&T, and now it isn't working fine, and AT&T won't help you with a problem that they may have caused?

I know what I would tell AT&T.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does it work alright as a regular router?

7. smallbird

smallbird Member

HI all appreciate for your input, I have try below method

My modem & router is not belonging to AT&T so they couldn't help.
    I can use modem to go online with no problem; just don't know the correct configuration for the router, since I have try the router in my company with no problem,
    I have call D-LInk, they say since u can go online than you modem have no problem at all it was your router
    So I call Linksys, they tell me you router have expire the service period, you will have to pay 29.99 for 14 day service or 6 month for 39.99. We couldn't service you until you paid....