1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router/Internet Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Shaboynga, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Shaboynga

Shaboynga Member

Hello All. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I wasn't sure where else to put it. My problem is that I can't get onto the internet. The internet runs through a Cisco 2950 Switch to one computer through a cat5 cable and it works fine. When I run another cable or this same cable into computer #2 it won't work and says the network is unidentified. I have googled and googled and they talk about uninstalling bonjour but this is a brand new laptop. (Asus X52, JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter). I tried running the internet out of the switch via cat5 to an old DIR-625 router but couldn't get it to connect for the life of me. I'm wondering if this is a windows 7 thing or if I just got a lemon. Other networks work just fine on the new computer as well, it is just this one that doesn't seem to want to work. All of the drivers are up to date as well. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011