1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router problems Siemens speedstream 6500

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by meercat, Nov 27, 2005.

1. meercat

meercat Member

Hi all,
    I am currently using Shareaza and am having difficulty configuring my router to allow sharing files. My router is a Siemens speedstreem 6500 series and I cannot find any information on how to do this; including the manual and www.portforward.com.
    Does anyone else have this router and know how to configure ports on it?

Much appreciated.

2. randall10

randall10 Guest

Hi
    I use Shareaza too and i must say that its the best P2P Software there is.now comming to ur point am not sure this will help u but... u can go here http://wiki.shareaza.com/static/FAQ.FirewallsRouters . And another thing there is a newer version of Shareaza download it, it will give u better results.The site URL has been changed http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/.
    I hope this helps u, i know how Slow and Pending downloads feel. Iam working no how to speed up my downloads afterall i have a dialup connection....lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  3. meercat

meercat Member

Hey,
    Thanks for your reply. I have previously checked out those sites and I have the current version of Shareaza installed 2.2.1...I really need to find a site that has step-by-step instructions like on 'portforward'. Unfortunately my model is not there. My speedstream router configurations baffle me!! It does not have any simple catergories like 'Port forward' so I am really stuck on where to start.
    Do you know what information I should be putting in;
    SOURCE:
    - Inbound filter rule: WAN interface or PPPoA(0)8/35?
    - Outbound filter rule: WAN interface or PPPoA (0) 8/35?
    DESTINATION:
    ...same as above.
    Am I even tweaking in the right place???

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  4. randall10

randall10 Guest

Hi again
    The thing is that i have no such knowledge where Routers are concerned... iam sorry,(Iam currently doing my MCSE.When i start CCNA then i might probably able to help u...lol) but u said something about Inbound and Outbound filters, theres a software which tests ur internet speed (TCP/IP, Inbound & Outbound speed) which u then feed it into Shareaza accordingly. You can download it at www.conceiva.com the software is called Surf Stream.

Peace.

5. meercat

meercat Member

Thanks Randall,

I will follow through and see whether this software helps :)

cheers

6. ecknight

ecknight Regular member

can u get into ur router settings

if u can u should be able to open up certain ports and if you search on sharaza u should be able to find what ports it uses and open them