1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by adawn21, Mar 1, 2014.

1. adawn21

adawn21 Newbie

Hi. Not sure if this is the correct forum.

Here is the problem I have. I am using a D-Link router which is then connected to 2 long-range outdoor client bridges. I just had to replace one of the outdoor client bridges due to melting snow getting inside. When I placed the new outdoor with the old one it worked immediately and a signal showed up. But now it stopped working and it is unresponsive. I have a business and customers are complaining its not working. Any help would be apreciated.

The router is a D-Link DIR-655. The outdoor client bridge is an EnGenius Wireless-300N.

Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try the new bridge in place of the other old bridge to see what happens. do the bridges have external power & if so than is the bridge's light(s) on?

3. adawn21

adawn21 Newbie

I have placed the new brdige in as the old one is water damaged and unresponsive now. The new bridge has power and the light for power is on and LAN is solid but the WLAN is not on at all. I connected a laptop to the bridge to connect to the bridges IP address but once on the page it was unresponsive. The modem connects to a router which then connects to two bridges. One is working but the new one is not.