1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by markdav1s, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. markdav1s

    markdav1s Guest

    due to having difficulty connecting to xbox i am going to try connecting through a router.i went to a shop today to purchase one and the assistant wanted to know what kind of router i want i said to connect to another pc but he said that routers only let you share internet connections you need a network card.can someone please tell me what router i need to buy and what cable i will need to use for connection.
  2. tippytip

    tippytip Member

    Mar 17, 2005
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Any router should do. All a router basically is is a gateway with a DHCP server in it. They do a lot more than just share an internet connection. But to Answer your question about the kind of cable you will need is a straight through cable going to your xbox and another one going to you PC. If you do plan on sharinf an internet connection you will need a crossover cable between the router and the Cable/DSL modem.
  3. markdav1s

    markdav1s Guest

    thanks for the help

Share This Page