1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio 6 not recognising video files with AC3 sound.Why?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by culttvguy, Apr 3, 2004.

1. culttvguy

culttvguy Guest

Hi,I have been using Roxio Easy Cd and DVD creator 6(DVD Builder) to make DVD's and VCD's,quite successfuly unless i use video files ripped with DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink.
    When i go to drag-and-drop the video files into the builder project,I get this message :

" This video file contains audio in AC3 format which is not natively supported by DVD Builder. If you modify this file (e.g. trimming,transitions etc) after adding it to your project,the audio will be replaced with silence after being burned to disc.Do you still want to import this file into your project ? "

Does anyone know how to get round this? Is there a setting in easy 6 which can be changed to allow this kind of audio format?

As far as i can tell there is no way in DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink to change the audio format to anything else when ripping the original disc,so i am stuck unless i can find a workaround.

I get a similar

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. domlab

domlab Member

audio in AC3 format is supported by DVD Builder Version 7 ....

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

All RoxIo Software Just Sucks Total Crap and this is Just another thing that Prooves it...AC3 is the Most Common format and best format for DVD"s and the Fact that roxio does not support it just shows how crappy it is....

4. gnovak1

gnovak1 Member

i was using Roxio's dvd builder also and i couldnt believe it didnt support ac3s.
    So i switched to Nero and i'm glad i did. It blows away Roxio and has so much more features.

Glenn

5. kringles

kringles Regular member

Have used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 to back-up many DVDs ripped with DVD Decrypter or DVDShrink without a problem. Virtually all have AC3 format (a few were done with DTS). Have had no problems, use "Disk Creator Classic", drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the project and burn. The Roxio S/W was included with the Plextor 708a burner.
    You said you were draging the files into the DVD builder, I have not used that option for burning disks that were ripped with Dvd Decrypter or DVDShrink. Suggest that you try the Disk Creator Classic option for this purpose. I think the DVD Builder was intended to capture video and burn to disk, that is making your own DVDs from recorded video.
    Hopoefully this works and you won't have to purchase new or updated S/W

Regards & Good luck
    Kringles

6. culttvguy

culttvguy Guest

Cheers,I'm going to try that today.I'll let you know here what happens !!