1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Uninstall

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dravidham, Jan 24, 2005.

1. dravidham

dravidham Member

Hi,

Out of curiosity, I recently tried out a copy of the above software suite just to see how it stacks up with Nero 6.6.0.3. To be honest, I don't like the Roxio program and I intend to reinstall my copy of Nero which I have used for some time.

I remember a while back reading on some forums that Roxio and Nero conflict with each other if they are installed on the same machine and obviously I want to avoid this when I reinstall Nero.

So far I have uninstalled Roxio via the 'add and remove programs' option in XP Home but I suspect that there might still be traces of the program in the P.C's registry that might affect Nero when I reinstall 6.6.0.3. How can I ensure that all traces of roxio have been removed from my hard drive?

2. bendlein

bendlein Member

I know a lot of people don't like to mess with the registry but as long as you are careful.Find Regedit go to "edit" then "find" enter Roxio and delete all entries to it "done".Personally I prefer "Easy Media Creator 7" to Nero I've had much less trouble with it.
    Hope this helps.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

May I suggest you do a search on the internet for posts such as the one below:

(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811408)

There can be many problems with this uninstall and it's better to be safe then sorry.

4. bendlein

bendlein Member

Point taken ScubaBud but that error refers to uninstalling Easy CD Creator 5.
    Also I have removed my version numerous times as previously mentioned and have had no problems.

5. dravidham

dravidham Member

Thanks guys,

I will try both suggestions.

Dave.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

dravidham, you can have both Roxio EMC7 and Nero 6 Ultra on the same computer, with no problems. You can't, however, have both of the packet writing portions of the software on the computer at the same time. (Drag to Disc and InCD).

I have both softwares installed on my computer and have had no conflicts. I don't have either D2D or InCD installed. Using packet writing software is like playing Russian Roulette.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005